Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to customize the door trims?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model y with white interior trims locked in at $54,990 price. I recently had a change of heart and wanted to switch to black, but customer service told me that changing my interior trims would push my deliver back AND update my price to the current pricing. With that in mind, does anyone know if it's possible to customize the interior parts of door panels that are white? I would love to try and customize them back to black.

The new interior white parts are less than they were. Search Amazon or any Tesla accessory store and you will see carbon fiber, matte, Slavs tea, and everything in between options for covering the white on the dash and white on the doors. They are usually simple stick over options, with options to actually take out the part and replace with a new one more expensive.

Do you happen to have any recommendations that you might know of? Or even what this part of the door is trim is called? I was doing a search last night for it, but I don't think I was searching for the correct key words as I was only getting the slimmer parts such as the dashboard or trims for the interior door handle. I only found options for parts of the door trim, but not the actual bigger white chunks seen below.
Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 8.29.39 AM.png

I'd check here for the seats if you don't mind actual leather:

You could try the SC for part numbers on door inserts and any other interior pieces that can be obtained in black.

Looks like I made a mistake. I’d edit my post if possible. I thought the Y had the same door trims as the 3. Your picture with the red outline clearly shows the older style door with a leather insert instead of the new design where the dash trim flows into the door.

I don’t know if there is an option to swap those.

I dont mind the seats, i just would love it if i could change those door trims
If you want it OEM, you'd have to order 4 new door panels or find a person who would be willing to swap their black ones with your white. An upholstery shop might be able to cover them with alcantara to match the black door panels.

makes sense. worst case scenario i was going to see if there's a shop that can just cover it with a carbon fiber trim or something. i just dont know how i feel about the white trims, but i also thought i would swap out the colors..

Do you happen to have any recommendations that you might know of? Or even what this part of the door is trim is called? I was doing a search last night for it, but I don't think I was searching for the correct key words as I was only getting the slimmer parts such as the dashboard or trims for the interior door handle. I only found options for parts of the door trim, but not the actual bigger white chunks seen below.
View attachment 765227
Did you ask Tesla Parts (local service center) to see if they can order the parts for you?

Screenshot_20220205-130633_Samsung Internet.jpg