Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to find a LR under $40,000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did it for 84 months at 2.99% — My work pays a certain dollar allowance per month for any car that I wanted. I didn’t want to come out of pocket at all unless I wanted to overpay and pay down the principle with extra money when it’s convenient.

I also have no intention of keeping the car for 7 years, so I bought a barely used M3 and saved on depreciation.

As a whole though, I agree that financing a car over 7 years is wild!

To each his own, but if someone asked for my 2 cents I would tell them that if they need to finance a car for 7 years to be able to afford the payments, they should buy a cheaper car.

I did it for 84 months at 2.99% — My work pays a certain dollar allowance per month for any car that I wanted. I didn’t want to come out of pocket at all unless I wanted to overpay and pay down the principle with extra money when it’s convenient.

I also have no intention of keeping the car for 7 years, so I bought a barely used M3 and saved on depreciation.

As a whole though, I agree that financing a car over 7 years is wild!
Yeah: thing is once you get to a certain point there’s no sense in shortening the loan anymore. In my case the P3D+ was same rate to finance between 37-72 mos with a big bump at 73-84. So we took it at 72mo for flexibility.

Reactions: kmstivers
Yeah: thing is once you get to a certain point there’s no sense in shortening the loan anymore. In my case the P3D+ was same rate to finance between 37-72 mos with a big bump at 73-84. So we took it at 72mo for flexibility.

The same rate is one thing; but you'll certainly pay more interest stretching the loan to 72 months. This isn't simple interest; it's compounded daily.

Is the additional flexibility worth $2,100 to stretch from 37 to 72 months? That's 100% up to you to decide!

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 1.46.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 1.45.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 1.45.03 PM.png

The same rate is one thing; but you'll certainly pay more interest stretching the loan to 72 months. This isn't simple interest; it's compounded daily.

Is the additional flexibility worth $2,100 to stretch from 37 to 72 months? That's 100% up to you to decide!

View attachment 506759
View attachment 506758
View attachment 506757
Well for me the flexibility is in not getting in a tough spot should I have an issue with cash flow. I always had a mental block about a payment with a comma with it and while I could easily buy the payment down with more money (or just buy car outright) I didn’t see the sense in sacrificing investment capital to do that with.

The ad was removed by this morning. Either the seller got cold feet, or sold it lightning fast.

Not sure if it had FSD. Probably not. The Model Y's are around the corner so i'm really banking on some good luck here sometime soon.

You are going to have to be patient. The Model Y may ramp up slowly, so you are going to have to wait for a Model Y buyer in your area who happens to have a Model 3 for sale and chooses to private sell it rather than trade it in. It will happen. I just don't know how quickly.

Reactions: 1LE McQueen