TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is it possible to find a Model S for under $35K?

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by DMichael, Apr 7, 2018.

1. DMichael

DMichael Member

Looking for a 2012-13 era MS. Mileage is not a big concern. Definitely not picky as long as it’s under $35K.

2. goto10

goto10 Member

3. Flyboyn222pa

Flyboyn222pa Member

I bought my non-tech package s85 with 99k miles for $35k but had to search far and wide and ship from CA to FL. The car needed a door handle fix a good cleaning and the rear bumper had some cosmetic damage. Total cost to fix was $1k since I did the work myself. The car is in great mechanical shape and no one cares that it has a lot of miles, all they care is that it’s a Tesla.

Bottom line it can be done but will require a lot of research, and a leap of faith potentially buying a car you’ve never seen or driven. It all worked out for me and I couldn’t afford it any other way.