Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to have TWO Cloud Profiles under ONE Tesla Account (mobile app)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I use the same Tesla account (for convenience more than anything...). With the recent cloud profile update, I can now sync my main Tesla account profile across our Teslas... COOL!! However, it only works for me... and not my wife :(.

Early on with Apple, there was no family account options and all our settings, notes, photos, etc... were synced on all our devices. Thankfully, they came out with family sharing before we culled everything and created two main accounts (which meant double cost in some cases where a purchase was tied to an Apple account).

Is there a way we can have two cloud profiles synced across our two Teslas without having to create two different Tesla accounts and sharing vehicles with each other? We both drive both cars and would really like to keep it simple....

I can see this being important if FSD is every tied to a profile or other software purchases (future App store). I don't want to be in the same boat as we did with Apple where two accounts and purchasing things twice was the only way forward....until family sharing came in.

Thanks for any feedback or ideas :).

My wife and I have also two Tesla's, but we use our own Tesla account. My wife has the M3 on her account while I have the MY on my account. We simply shared our cars to each others using the "Manage Drivers" setting under "Security" in the Tesla App and we can drive whichever car we want / need this way.

Formerly, this setting was available on the Tesla account but was moved to the app a few months ago:
1661289446852.png

In your case, your wife would have to create her own Tesla account, and you would have to add her as additional driver on both cars. By doing so you would both enjoy the benefits of cloud profiles.

Is there a way we can have two cloud profiles synced across our two Teslas without having to create two different Tesla accounts and sharing vehicles with each other? We both drive both cars and would really like to keep it simple....

I dont know for sure, but I dont think so. Having two tesla accounts actually IS simple now, it didnt used to be but its very simple now. All you have to do is have your wife create a tesla account with an email address, then on both cars add her as an additional driver.

There used to be some stuff missing from secondary accounts vs primary, but the only thing a secondary account cant do now is buy upgrades.

This also allows your wife to have her own streaming media account linked if you use it, etc.

My wife and I have also two Tesla's, but we use our own Tesla account. My wife has the M3 on her account while I have the MY on my account. We simply shared our cars to each others using the "Manage Drivers" setting under "Security" in the Tesla App and we can drive whichever car we want / need this way.
Great, thanks! That's what we'll do then.

I dont know for sure, but I dont think so. Having two tesla accounts actually IS simple now, it didnt used to be but its very simple now. All you have to do is have your wife create a tesla account with an email address, then on both cars add her as an additional driver.

Perfect. I didn't want to transfer a car since that requires days and data. Didn't think about just sharing both :).

Does anyone know how to delete the tesla profile (cloud) asspociated with your email address. Ever since I set up my cloud profile my car behaves badly. No locking doors on walk away, sentry mode on in my garage, etc…. I have my keys linked to my on board profile but it still does this. Starters happening on install of 2022.4.5 ans et up of “tesla profile”. I cannot find a way to remove this from my car or fix the introduced issues. I‘ve rebooted the car, I’ve deleted the on board profile and recreated…. Nothing works

My wife and I use the same Tesla account (for convenience more than anything...). With the recent cloud profile update, I can now sync my main Tesla account profile across our Teslas... COOL!! However, it only works for me... and not my wife :(.

Early on with Apple, there was no family account options and all our settings, notes, photos, etc... were synced on all our devices. Thankfully, they came out with family sharing before we culled everything and created two main accounts (which meant double cost in some cases where a purchase was tied to an Apple account).

I can see this being important if FSD is every tied to a profile or other software purchases (future App store). I don't want to be in the same boat as we did with Apple where two accounts and purchasing things twice was the only way forward....until family sharing came in.

Thanks for any feedback or ideas :).
I found that my wife's profile wasn't completely filled out, once I completed all the information in the driver profile it could then be used as a cloud profile and synced across both our Teslas. I already had my driver profile synced to both cars.

I'm having issues with this actually. I received the 2022.24.5 update (now .6) on one of our MY's. To use the Driver Profile I created a second Tesla account for my wife and shared both cars with her account (one was on 2022.20 and mine was on 2022.24). On my car I saw her second account/profile and could associate her tesla account to the car profile for it to "learn". However now on her MY (she just received 2022.24.6 yesterday) her vehicle doesn't show her account/profile. It only shows my account/profile.

Do I need to remove the car (remove driver) for her car and re-add it (since it wasn't on 2022.24 when I shared it, maybe it didn't "see" her profile since it wasn't capable of that.

Any other ideas?

Anyone know how to update the profile photo in the car, or how long it takes to update automatically?

I didn’t have one uploaded on the app until after I had already linked the profile to the car, so it’s just a silhouette (as it’s always been).

Thanks in advance.

Anyone know how to update the profile photo in the car, or how long it takes to update automatically?

I didn’t have one uploaded on the app until after I had already linked the profile to the car, so it’s just a silhouette (as it’s always been).

Thanks in advance.
Do this in the app, and then probably wait a day.

Edit: There may be a chance you have to delete the key from the car and re-add it (assuming the photo already shows in the App). That would be my guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durzel