Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to leave FSD beta and return?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been on FSD beta for over six months. Although I’m happy with the beta, the pace of new updates is slow. Lately, new non-beta software updates include new features I’d like to try. If I canceled the FSD beta, could I rejoin the beta program easily?

It is or more correctly MAY be possible but.........had you done this in Jan and decided to get back in you would have possibly just got back in 6 months later (or still waiting). So it is a crap shoot and totally unknowable as to what next month and beyond brings so be prepared for a LOOOOONG wait so you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: Dewg and n.one.one
Upvote 0
@newberry94005 If you ask me the question, let me add more information. I paid for full FSD with the purchase of the car. I'm only interested in leaving and returning to the Beta program.

I've been impressed with the improved ability of FSD. However, with updates of roughly once a month, a beta member doesn't see the more frequent improvements of the general non-beta software, such as pot-hole detection.

Reactions: CaptUAL
Upvote 0
@newberry94005 If you ask me the question, let me add more information. I paid for full FSD with the purchase of the car. I'm only interested in leaving and returning to the Beta program.

I've been impressed with the improved ability of FSD. However, with updates of roughly once a month, a beta member doesn't see the more frequent improvements of the general non-beta software, such as pot-hole detection.
See my post (#2), @jakimo is not understanding your question and his (going by avatar) answer is unrelated to what you want. If you asked to be removed from the Beta program and get back on regular software you are taking a HUGE chance about the ability or timing to get back into the Beta program. You are 100% completely out of Beta and must start over with Safety Score and waiting as any other "new" Beta tester wannabe.

[confusion] In @jakimo case he is in the Beta program and has a subscription. He is just not renewing his subscription but still staying on the Beta software version. When he renews this just turns Beta back on. In effect it would be the same as you going into the menu and switching Beta off for a month and then switching it back on next month.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: n.one.one
Upvote 0
If you asked to be removed from the Beta program and get back on regular software you are taking a HUGE chance about the ability or timing to get back into the Beta program. You are 100% completely out of Beta and must start over with Safety Score and waiting as any other "new" Beta tester wannabe.
This. (My apologies for not catching the real question earlier.)

I'm curious, what new features are missing?

Upvote 0
This. (My apologies for not catching the real question earlier.)

I'm curious, what new features are missing?
There are a few changes with the non FSD-Beta builds. You can review the change logs here:

Reactions: jakimo
Upvote 0
There are a few changes with the non FSD-Beta builds. You can review the change logs here:

As these noted items are already on the FSDb the OP wants to leave what again are they missing by staying in the FSD?

Upvote 0

I left beta last fall, been waiting to get reenrolled for nearly six months, so I would say “no,” counter to popular belief. Oh, and my current safety score is 99. Maybe not getting back in IS a blessing in disguise!

Upvote 0
I hope the next update fixes it. Feels like a USB port problem or wiring harness problem.
It's an operating system issue. The drive doesn't get mounted properly, which causes failures for reads and writes. I'm struggling with this almost daily as well. The easiest thing to do is to unplug and reinsert your drive after a second. Dash and Sentry will become available again.
I don't have to do it every day, but it is the fix for seeing the X on the cam button.

Upvote 0