Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to re-apply an update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only had my M3 for a few weeks. I got the 8.4 update about a week ago. Since then, my driver profile - seat position, etc... doesn't automatically set when I apply the brake. I've also seen some glitches with bt pairing with my phone, too. Can I try re-applying the update? If that's possible, how do it go about it?

You should get 8.5 any time now. Lots of folks have it.

I’d wait for that first.

Could be a bug in 8.4 or it will clear itself up.

Have you done a hard reboot? Foot on brake and hold both thumb wheels.

If it still has issues after update you could try a factory reset. You will lose all trip odometers, paired phones, all settings, all profiles, WiFi pairings, saved gps locations, and homelink.

Oldly you will retain all radio settings, key cards and phone as keys. You won’t lose AutoPilot calibration.

It will also take time to redownload NoA maps over WiFi.

You should get 8.5 any time now. Lots of folks have it.

I’d wait for that first.

Could be a bug in 8.4 or it will clear itself up.

Have you done a hard reboot? Foot on brake and hold both thumb wheels.

If it still has issues after update you could try a factory reset. You will lose all trip odometers, paired phones, all settings, all profiles, WiFi pairings, saved gps locations, and homelink.

Oldly you will retain all radio settings, key cards and phone as keys. You won’t lose AutoPilot calibration.

It will also take time to redownload NoA maps over WiFi.
Thanks, guys. I did get 8.5 last night. We'll see if that takes care of it. My sound system would also occasionally be mute requiring a reboot. Hope that's gone now.

Thanks, guys. I did get 8.5 last night. We'll see if that takes care of it. My sound system would also occasionally be mute requiring a reboot. Hope that's gone now.

Lots of folks have had that issue off and on.

Lost Audio
Lost Bass
Lost Backup Camera

All have come and gone like the wind since V9

Sometimes reboot clears it sometime it doesn’t and it straightens itself out.