Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to remove/adjust window trim?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!
I have a 2019 MX Raven.
Since purchasing it, I've obsessed over getting all of the road/wind noise and the cosmetic alignment issues fixed myself.
(from placing expanding foam bags in the A-pillars to adjusting the door latches to make the door handles line up)
The one area that I can not figure out is the window trim around the corner glass behind the falcon doors (see pics).
The harder (if not impossible) fix would be to adjust the falcon doors, but that ain't happening.
Does anyone know how to remove and adjust the rear corner trim?
You can see how on the passenger's side, it sticks out at the top causing the vinyl wrap to wear off of the edge from wind friction.
On the driver's side, the issue is the bottom of the trim sticking out too far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2534.jpg
    IMG_2534.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2535.jpg
    IMG_2535.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2536.jpg
    IMG_2536.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 184
Sorry I do not have an answer for you but rather a question. How much of a difference did the foam filling of the A pillar do in your opinion? I’m also somewhat obsessed with the road / wind noise as it’s been bothering on road trips quite a bit.

Sorry I do not have an answer for you but rather a question. How much of a difference did the foam filling of the A pillar do in your opinion? I’m also somewhat obsessed with the road / wind noise as it’s been bothering on road trips quite a bit.
Hi,
Of all of the things that I have done for the wind/road noise, the foam filling helped the most followed by adding extra insulating tubing around the top of the driver and passenger side window seals.

Here are links to the 2 sizes of foam fill bags I used:

2x #10 size for the A Pillars - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BU5VXVS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2x #40 size for the wheel well opening directly below the A Pillar opening - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BU5W3YE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Love
Reactions: vthreee
THNAKS
Hi,
Of all of the things that I have done for the wind/road noise, the foam filling helped the most followed by adding extra insulating tubing around the top of the driver and passenger side window seals.

Here are links to the 2 sizes of foam fill bags I used:

2x #10 size for the A Pillars - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BU5VXVS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2x #40 size for the wheel well opening directly below the A Pillar opening - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BU5W3YE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks i've been looking for a decent price on these since i saw the info in the rich rebuilds episode.
was the installation tough?

THNAKS

Thanks i've been looking for a decent price on these since i saw the info in the rich rebuilds episode.
was the installation tough?
It was trickier than I expected.
The video stated you have around 15 or so seconds, but it was less than that.
The A Pillar is already a tight squeeze, so here is what I ended up doing on the second pillar that made it easier.
I wore cut proof gloves, because the bags get really hot when the chemicals mix turning into foam.
Before squeezing/popping the bag chemical components, I pushed the empty section of the bag into the A Pillar leaving only the end of the bag with the chemicals in it exposed.
Then I pinched each side of the chemicals back and forth (there are 2 side by side separated chemicals).
You will hear an audible pop and feel the fluids mixing.
Immediately start shoving the chemical end of the bag into the A Pillar and hold you fingers or hand over the pillar opening to keep the bag from expanding out of the pillar.
It should take less than a minute to fully expand, and then you're done.
The larger bag that goes in the wheel well opening below the A Pillar is easier since the opening is larger.
I hope this helps.

It was trickier than I expected.
The video stated you have around 15 or so seconds, but it was less than that.
The A Pillar is already a tight squeeze, so here is what I ended up doing on the second pillar that made it easier.
I wore cut proof gloves, because the bags get really hot when the chemicals mix turning into foam.
Before squeezing/popping the bag chemical components, I pushed the empty section of the bag into the A Pillar leaving only the end of the bag with the chemicals in it exposed.
Then I pinched each side of the chemicals back and forth (there are 2 side by side separated chemicals).
You will hear an audible pop and feel the fluids mixing.
Immediately start shoving the chemical end of the bag into the A Pillar and hold you fingers or hand over the pillar opening to keep the bag from expanding out of the pillar.
It should take less than a minute to fully expand, and then you're done.
The larger bag that goes in the wheel well opening below the A Pillar is easier since the opening is larger.
I hope this helps.

so actually i went to do this mod today.. and found there were already styrophoam packaging inserts on both sides in both spots.. Was this a fix by tesla or something the previous owner did?

I’m a little saddened that it’s already been done and I’ve got some wind noise from the a-pillar. I was hoping this would be my magic fix lol

Attachments

• 07C04695-2A75-407B-8E89-9053E3C31648.jpeg
    07C04695-2A75-407B-8E89-9053E3C31648.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 165