Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to switch order with someone who has a different model on order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, my first post here.

I have a Model Y LR on order (VIN not assigned yet). I locked the order at $52,999. I have decided that I don't need the Model Y and looking to switch to a Model 3 standard range. Is it possible to switch with someone who wants to do the opposite and still take advantage of our lower prices? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Hvnleigh

I have a Model Y LR on order (VIN not assigned yet). I locked the order at $52,999. I have decided that I don't need the Model Y and looking to switch to a Model 3 standard range. Is it possible to switch with someone who wants to do the opposite and still take advantage of our lower prices? Any help is greatly appreciated.
I'd consider taking your Model Y LR. Is it still available?

Reactions: Hvnleigh

I suspect both parties need to hand over their accounts? Tesla does not like reservation transfers locked to old prices. VIN transfers - yes. The person who wants the VIN create a new order at the current price and a SA transfers over the VIN.

If I could just give you my reservation I would (my next Tesla will be red/white MYLR or MYP):

1637362064337.png

I suspect you could buy the Model Y, sell it for $60-63K, and buy a M3SR+ off the inventory (see Discord channels for daily pop-up) at the current prices.

What is your MYLR config?