Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to turn off Car Sick Mode in v9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Christine69420

Autopilot's Assistant
Supporting Member
Oct 19, 2018
Scandiwegian
Got 42.3 aka v9 earlier today. When I drove my familiar road with autosteer the car started adjusting the course every second.

A little bit to the right - a little bit to the left - a little bit to the right - a little bit to the left.

Previously it kept the steering wheel steady for much longer periods.

After 15 minutes of this I had to turn off auto steer since I got car sick.

Is it possible to adjust how finicky it should be adjusting the course beeing taken?

TMX with AP2 and FSD.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and jeffro01
My experience with V9 so far is this: At first, I almost felt carsick because the car was 'hunting' within the lane so much. Back and forth and back and.... But I stayed with it...

However, after continued usage, it is now rock solid. I've got maybe 300-400 miles on AP with V9 now, and I'd say after about 200-250 miles, I noticed a marked improvement.

The only thing I can think of that would make this happen is the 'new' camera(s) calibrating? As I understand the situation, V9 now uses all 8 cameras. It's the only thing I can think of that would have this effect.

• Informative
Reactions: Christine69420
just chiming in too. After I got 42.3and then NOA ( had to get maps updated) it was "jumpy" and where on my commute things had been rock solid.. I think it was final calibration issues, after two days of the same route it is rock solid and I now have the lane changes formally ( not yet fully automatic but recommended via NOA) that I used tomannually try and "Game it" with turn signaling, manual slowing entry into an offramp, in regular autopilot . now that all is stabilized. I feel more confident going into and through an offramps to another highway fully in NOA where I would have had to go in , out and back into autopilot. it is getting there!. Bring on auto lane change! I'm ready! could still use stop at red lights with no cars in front please ( probably an FSD feature)

• Informative
Reactions: Christine69420