Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to use the Tesla 2020 Roadster as a daily driver ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2014 Morgan Aero Plus 8 as (mostly) a daily drive. It drinks gas, but otherwise is a one service a year car: at 45k miles it is just fine.
For bad weather we have my wife's AMG C43 Coupe.
I plan to reserve a Roadstr and then sell the Plus 8 as part of the cost of ownership.
I'm at the stage of life where the Roadstr would cover all the bases....

Reactions: phantasms
I have a 2014 Morgan Aero Plus 8 as (mostly) a daily drive. It drinks gas, but otherwise is a one service a year car: at 45k miles it is just fine.
For bad weather we have my wife's AMG C43 Coupe.
I plan to reserve a Roadstr and then sell the Plus 8 as part of the cost of ownership.
I'm at the stage of life where the Roadstr would cover all the bases....

I'm going to keep my Morgan after the Roadster eventually arrives. It scratches a different itch.

We have 3 cars,
Morgan Aero Chassis +8, 2014.
Tesla M3 LR. 2021
AMG C43 Coupe (SHMBO's). 2017.

We want to reduce to 2 about the time the Roadster (Roadstr?) is released in the UK.
I need to persuade SWMBO that the M3 and the C43 should go!!!!

We have 3 cars,
Morgan Aero Chassis +8, 2014.
Tesla M3 LR. 2021
AMG C43 Coupe (SHMBO's). 2017.

We want to reduce to 2 about the time the Roadster (Roadstr?) is released in the UK.
I need to persuade SWMBO that the M3 and the C43 should go!!!!

I only have space for 2 cars. It’s either an M3 LR and Roadster, or LR and new M3P. My wife just got her LR and it’s nicer then my 2018/19 P. If I stick with M3s I’d update it. If the roadster was here now I’d get it, but the longer it gets delayed the more the M3 works for me.

Nobody's opened the trunk or frunk for us to get a good look.
You mean like this?

IMG_3259.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: RabidYak
4 years later, I'd say "1. Your son might not be doing fencing and tennis by the time car is out, and your grandson will likely be growing out of it already too."
Hard to believe it's already been 4 years. I think now with the Texas factory up and pushing out MY we may soon see the roaster next year. I for one believe any vehicle can be a daily driver. Things to keep in mind is where is it going to be stored through out the day? The sun like wind and rain does a lot of damage to a car. You can consider car covers but are they really safe on the paint? I would highly recommend doing a full PPF for starters. Covered parking at work would be a must.

Reactions: preilly44