Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it reasonable to ask Tesla delivery service to improve sound proofing the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting about the tire noise. Lots of research is being done to produce quieter road surfaces. There are some evaluation roads in SoCal. Amazing how much quieter cars are going over those surfaces. As soon as you get back on the normal pavement you really hear the difference.

I find the cabin noise worst on certain asphalt types here in the Bay Area. The wind noise does not seem that noticeable until I hit around 80 mph.

I take rt101 around santa clara area and the pavement goes from tolerable (noise wise) to OMG WTF loud. the whole car kind of amplifies the road noise when you hit that kind of asphalt mix.

deadening the sound on the m3 really is something tesla should work on. this is not a sports car and people do expect a bit more noise reduction at this price point.

Interesting about the tire noise. Lots of research is being done to produce quieter road surfaces. There are some evaluation roads in SoCal. Amazing how much quieter cars are going over those surfaces. As soon as you get back on the normal pavement you really hear the difference.
We have the misfortune of living RIGHT on a major thoroughfare (rent is really cheap for Orange County, so we have tolerated it for 20 yeas)). A few years back the city experimented with this type of paving and it made a HUGE difference, which we are grateful for.