Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it safe to leave the A/C on in your car while charging or supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dumb question, but I searched but didn't see anything. Just wondering if it was "safe" to leave the A/C on while sitting at a charger or supercharger? I know people use their model S in "camper mode" so I'm guessing it's ok, but just wanted to check with the hive mind here!

Dumb question, but I searched but didn't see anything. Just wondering if it was "safe" to leave the A/C on while sitting at a charger or supercharger? I know people use their model S in "camper mode" so I'm guessing it's ok, but just wanted to check with the hive mind here!
Definitely safe. I'd say even required at some of the Superchargers in the western states. You would bake alive in there without A/C...

We were charging at the Yuma Supercharger with the A/C on. It was 113 degrees. After about 15 min the A/C shut down, and we got a message what was happening, basically the A/C shut down to prevent the battery from over heating. We turned up the fan, and after charging the A/C went back to normal operation. The car knows how to protect itself. (software engineers are very smart)

• Informative
Reactions: vrykolas