Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it still possible to get a 3-phase 16A UMC charger in Europe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many of you pointed out that the Juice Booster 2 is the best (non-Tesla) option for 3-phase charging, albeit at a high price. But caution is advised: one of the reviews (sorry I cannot find it again) reported that this product would give an error message if used in conjunction with Tesla delayed charging features, and thus the user recommended it only if you plan to charge immediately. I would be happy if some of you could relate your experiences.

I call bullshit on this. I have a JB2 and it's just like any other EVSE (but better) and delayed charging or scheduled charging works fine with the JB2.
I've actually never seen an error on the JB2 due to something from the car. Only errors/warnings I've seen were legitimate fault codes for incompatible grids (missing neutral, missing earth)

Reactions: Stuart Watson
Hi everyone.
I have installed in my garage a 400v 32amp e 3phase CEE plug (red 5-pin), for which Tesla does not provide adapters.
I understand that, ideally, I should have the wall charger, but prices for installing them are incredibly high where I live.

Do you have any setup like the one I have at my place? Can the portable adapters that I see online (not sure if I can post links here) be a good fit to use that CEE plug?

Thank you very much for any comment.

Apparently the new Tesla mobile connector cord doesn't do 3 phase like the older 1st generation cable used to. There was an adapter for that one:

But here's the existing thread about using the red plug. A lot of people are using a 3rd party product called Juice Booster, which can use that red plug very well and has a lot of types of adapters.

Probably should just merge this into that existing thread.

I checked EVSEAdapters' international adapter section, and they have some for the blue commando, but not the red one.

Update: I've patiently waited for the Tesla-branded 3-phase 11kW CEE16 mobile connector, e.g.,

All versions (also in the USA) are still out of stock, and I'm starting to suspect that Tesla will simply discontinue this line. Thanks for all the suggestions, particular from Tozz who debunked the review of the JB2. I'm planning to order the following and hope it works with delayed charging:

Update: I've patiently waited for the Tesla-branded 3-phase 11kW CEE16 mobile connector, e.g.,

All versions (also in the USA) are still out of stock, and I'm starting to suspect that Tesla will simply discontinue this line. Thanks for all the suggestions, particular from Tozz who debunked the review of the JB2. I'm planning to order the following and hope it works with delayed charging:

Had a short holiday this week in Belgium, and used the JB2 again without issues.
Was a reminder again that Belgium has a weird power grid without neutral (split phase). JB2 threw a warning LED that it was missing a neutral, but charging worked fine!

Well, if you could find a V1 UMC then it would do what you want; however, the V2 UMC is apparently single-phase only.

It appears that Tesla are now supplying the V2 UMC with all new cars (both Model S/X and Model 3), so the V1 is probably out of production. Possibly you might find one in old stock at a service centre. They also appear regularly on eBay.

But what you need isn't Tesla-specific, there are third-party alternatives that do the same job, such as:

JUICE TECHNOLOGY | JUICE BOOSTER
EVR3 - Type 2 - max 22 kW [Portable charging station] - e-Station Store
Thanks for posting !

I also need one of these, but at that price I’m better off just using a chargeable supercharger!