Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it time to give up on trying to get FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All.. I know everyone has been taking about this, but I’m just seeing how everyone else feels about trying to get FSD beta. I opted in on Jan 5, 2022. I literally have a perfect score. 100SS with 0.0 across the board with over 4k miles. You can not get any better than this, but I have not put my MSP in ludicrous for almost 4 months now as I know I would have to break hard to stop! Lol! I just wish they would say, “Right now we are not accepting any FSD testers, so enjoy!”. I’m not saying we should get FSD Beta because we paid for FSD, but just throw us a bone or something. If they said sometime late summer/fall, I would opt out for now and this would not bother me. Thoughts? Thank you for your time!

Hello All.. I know everyone has been taking about this, but I’m just seeing how everyone else feels about trying to get FSD beta. I opted in on Jan 5, 2022. I literally have a perfect score. 100SS with 0.0 across the board with over 4k miles. You can not get any better than this, but I have not put my MSP in ludicrous for almost 4 months now as I know I would have to break hard to stop! Lol! I just wish they would say, “Right now we are not accepting any FSD testers, so enjoy!”. I’m not saying we should get FSD Beta because we paid for FSD, but just throw us a bone or something. If they said sometime late summer/fall, I would opt out for now and this would not bother me. Thoughts? Thank you for your time!

Sorry, you are still waiting for FSD Beta. I think at this point, it seems Tesla is not accepting new testers. But Tesla could do a better job communicating with owners.

Your first mistake was not giving up on FSD entirely. Paying $10/12K to be a beta tester and not even getting the beta…?

Reactions: Saxgod
Your first mistake was not giving up on FSD entirely. Paying $10/12K to be a beta tester and not even getting the beta…?
Why do people think none of the autonomous features are worth anything? Why is $10/12K only autosteer on city streets? Does your investment not drive for you on highways/freeways? Change lanes for you automatically or assist when you tell it? Transition freeways automatically? Park itself, even in tight spots and garages? Summon itself out of tight parking spots, and even open and close garage doors and gates?

Why do people think none of the autonomous features are worth anything? Why is $10/12K only autosteer on city streets? Does your investment not drive for you on highways/freeways? Change lanes for you automatically or assist when you tell it? Transition freeways automatically? Park itself, even in tight spots and garages? Summon itself out of tight parking spots, and even open and close garage doors and gates?
Exactly.

Well until you add "while you sleep" to the end of that It's out of my price range for the service :)

This question pops up so many times on the forum. It’s Your decision! If it reduces your enjoyment simply opt out and enjoy your car. Nobody here can influence your decision or validate when. When the gates Were open it took me 6 days to qualify and enter. Tap out and come back when the gates open again and enjoy your car and time.

Reactions: PACEMD and OliverM3
I wish we could gift people our FSD Beta.

That way the number of people in the FSD Beta stays the same, but it gives other people a chance to try it.

I rarely use it because I find it too stressful to use if there are other vehicles around. It's just too slow at stop signs for example, and so I'm constantly taking over.

I only keep it so I can try new version as they're released, and I don't mind Tesla Vision nearly as much as I did in earlier versions. In the current version if I have FSD Beta off (in the settings) then its not too bad overall.

The only thing I miss is the latest updates in the general release.

I wish we could gift people our FSD Beta.

That way the number of people in the FSD Beta stays the same, but it gives other people a chance to try it.

I rarely use it because I find it too stressful to use if there are other vehicles around. It's just too slow at stop signs for example, and so I'm constantly taking over.

I only keep it so I can try new version as they're released, and I don't mind Tesla Vision nearly as much as I did in earlier versions. In the current version if I have FSD Beta off (in the settings) then its not too bad overall.

The only thing I miss is the latest updates in the general release.
You can. Opt out as you don’t seem to enjoy it and they will likely fill your spot with a new waiting user. Go for it you have nothing to loose.

Because basic autopilot that is included currently makes it a poor value to pay $12k for something that isn’t a finished product. Plus the cars are fun to drive.

Reactions: Jane4
Because basic autopilot that is included currently makes it a poor value to pay $12k for something that isn’t a finished product. Plus the cars are fun to drive.
Interesting viewpoint. Let's try an experiment. How much money do people think the following is worth?

Autopilot (included with all cars): $
Navigate on Autopilot: $
Auto Lane Change: $
Autopark: $
Summon: $
Full Self-Driving Computer: $
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control: $
Autosteer on City Streets: $

For the sake of simplicity, assume the features are common and not edge case. Example, "Summon" is for getting your car out of your garage or a parking spot at the store - not for calling you car from NY to LA.

Interesting viewpoint. Let's try an experiment. How much money do people think the following is worth?

For the sake of simplicity, assume the features are common and not edge case. Example, "Summon" is for getting your car out of your garage or a parking spot at the store - not for calling you car from NY to LA.
You could sign me up for a $12k discount on everything and not even add it to the car :)
I don't even need Autopilot

For me (I did purchase FSD, but am not in beta)
Autopilot $500. Cars come with cruise control and auto steer can’t handle about half the roads I take.
NOA - $0. The car sucks at even suggesting lane changes (and routes for that matter) and takes exits like a drunk 14 year old.
Auto Lane Change - $0 see above
Autopark - $0 my car offered me auto park exactly once, and I wasn’t parking, just pulling up to a light next to some parallel spots.
Summon - $0 it is a party trick that doesn’t even work 75% of the time. And this is dumb summon, smart summon is worth negative dollars.
FSD Computer - $0 none of the things it is supposed to do work well, so it can’t have value.
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Controll - $0. It does stop at stop signs as well as things it thinks are stop signs, green lights, flashing yellow lights, etc. it can’t handle it when there are two lights in close proximity to each other. However, it will turn on rainbow road for you when you try to tell it it is ok to proceed as it blares at you to take control.
Autosteer City Streets - $0 its been coming soon for a few years now.