Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it too arrogant to put my Tesla into the 4th parade? Need honesty.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone for your input. My husband's friends all thought it was arrogant, so he asked me not to do it, so I backed out:( I even found an Aveda (earth friendly) salon to sponsor me. It didn't help that at a kits baseball game, parents were negatively gossiping about us. That really turned my DH off to the idea.

It's very disappointing to me that you didn't have the courage and conviction of your actions, after buying and driving an MS, to DRVE it in the 4th parade. THE MS IS A GREAT STATEMENT ABOUT AMERICAN INNOVATION AND THE ENTRUPENEURIAL SPIRIT. Pity your husband has such small minded friends .

Also, re the baseball game.........when you are leading the pack, expect to have some arrows shot at your back! Like someone else said......envy.....

Heatherkay, allow me a moment say thank you for buying a Model S. Even though we don't know each other, I'm so grateful that you are supporting Tesla and helping my children to live in a cleaner planet.

I myself cannot afford a Model S, but thanks to people like you, I should have a chance to get a Genlll vehicle. I know there are many more of us grateful for your purchase then the petty few that are jealous.

Please choose to think of us when you hear hurtful things said about your car. We are blessed because of you.....

Jeff - you're awesome! My DH actually bought the car, but nice to hear you're thankful:)

Let him know I am extremely grateful that you made the decision to be an early adaptor. Everyone that buys Tesla stock and vehicles are my heroes and heroines.

Your purchase was a "pay it forward" act for many of us. We will have our role to play later on to keep Tesla healthy and strong, but for now we must count on people like you and your DH. Don't let ANYONE steal your joy of owning a Model S.

Too bad you're not going to show it at the parade. The Model S is about as independent as it gets!!!

Yes, it has Mercedes signal stalks on the steering column. But... the rest of the car is all-American. The Roadster is a Lotus (British car).

Thanks everyone for your input. My husband's friends all thought it was arrogant, so he asked me not to do it, so I backed out:( I even found an Aveda (earth friendly) salon to sponsor me. It didn't help that at a kits baseball game, parents were negatively gossiping about us. That really turned my DH off to the idea.

Heather I live in a small rural town and have experienced some of the same reactions since I bought my Roadster 2 yrs ago. I wanted to put it in our 4th parade and my wife told me she would be really embarrassed if I did. Like you, I backed out - there are things you do for your marriage although I was disappointed. I anticipated the talking behind my back but shrugged it off and discovered a few people see me as a visionary. I made a sign that said nothing about Tesla and addressed these points: All-electric, 2.5kW of solar panels powers the car 12,000 mi/yr, and American ingenuity/jobs. I wanted to have the top down with somebody standing on the seat leaning back on the roll bar and throw candy which is our tradition. My wife is coming around so maybe next year I hope we can both do it.

As an early adopter, it becomes your responsibility to be a spokesperson for the new technology. The few negative comments you will receive become opportunities to teach that uninformed person about the strengths of the car you purchased. This is just a much larger version of "Tesla Time" where you will be promoting Tesla to the public. By pointing out the "American Made" and "American Built" for the 4th you would be promoting American ingenuity.

That said, don't do anything you don't feel comfortable with.

I am with Jeff Adams though, you should be very proud of what you have done. It is something to be proud of. I thank you for being an early adopter too. Good luck.

Right in front carrying the hero science teachers
Parade start.jpg
SM Parade.jpg

This year's 4th we are showing at a Ventura County EV green display.

It's very disappointing to me that you didn't have the courage and conviction of your actions, after buying and driving an MS, to DRVE it in the 4th parade. THE MS IS A GREAT STATEMENT ABOUT AMERICAN INNOVATION AND THE ENTRUPENEURIAL SPIRIT. Pity your husband has such small minded friends .

Also, re the baseball game.........when you are leading the pack, expect to have some arrows shot at your back! Like someone else said......envy.....
Frank, I have to respectfully disagree. Some people do not like confrontation. Disparaging them for it is unfair, IMO.

Choosing Tesla and buying the car is that -- buying a car. It doesn't require or demand that you become an activist.

- - - Updated - - -

As an early adopter, it becomes your responsibility to be a spokesperson for the new technology.
Disagree strongly.

Frank, I have to respectfully disagree. Some people do not like confrontation. Disparaging them for it is unfair, IMO.

Choosing Tesla and buying the car is that -- buying a car. It doesn't require or demand that you become an activist.

- - - Updated - - -

Disagree strongly.

I apologize if me words were too strong for some and certainly did not intend to offend Heather Kay. I certainly do not consider myself an activist but do believe one needs to have conviction to ones actions. Sorry Heatherkay! I think you and your family would have had more fun being in the parade with your MS :rolleyes:

Good luck Heather. Whatever you decide to do for your family is the right thing of course. I'd just add that people will see you driving the car around town, to school...etc anyway so those same people who would complain at the parade will complain there too. You just can't win with people like that or even really give them the time of day. You bought a great American car and think it would be fun to have it in the parade next year if that ends up working out. Have a Happy Fourth!