TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

is it too late for changes after VIN?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tech2000, Jun 27, 2016.

1. tech2000

tech2000 Member

I had a 60 confirmed order, and its only been 4 days, my VIN was issued the day after,
    but I requested a change to a 60D instead with the 500 dollar change fee, but is it too late after a VIN is issued?

2. DeadEnd

DeadEnd Member

You are in the same boat as me. I place my order June 1st, confirmed June 2nd and asked to add auto pilot on June 3rd. According to the purchase agreement I shouldn't be charged $500 change fee but my sales rep says I would be and we have been arguing since then to resolve it. I am days from delivery...hoping mine gets resolved soon. Hope yours does too. I would reach out to your sales rep ASAP.

Your purchase agreement entitled you to change the car in week 1 from order date fee of charge. Week 2 to delivery is a $500mfee each time you make changes.

3. tech2000

tech2000 Member

Thanks, have people been able to make changes to the their vehicle after the vin has been issued? after they agree to the 500 dollar change fee of course.. in particular in week 2, but I dont know if VIN means its basically made on paper

4. DeadEnd

DeadEnd Member

Yes but call your sales rep ASAP.

5. Vic4Model3

Vic4Model3 Member

FYI, in CA, the order is not confirmed until 1 week has passed. Then a day or two later, the VIN appears in mytesla.

6. tech2000

tech2000 Member

Yes, we are discussing after the confirmation and vin being issued. It's not really an order until confirmation anyways I think.