Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it ugly? (Poll)

Rate the Model 3's look

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't figure out if this car is ugly or not. Some photos make it look great. Some make it look like a station wagon with a weird front end. Your thoughts?

It's an ordinary looking sedan with some rather ugly features. Tesla could have and SHOULD have done a better job on the bread and butter car.

Personally I think the head designer should be canned.

Much like the front end of the X, the snout on the 3 is growing on me. I think if the front had a smooth transition into the hood, it would end up looking very generic and boring, while the crease gives the front end some personality. BTW, IMO, the front end of the X looks much better in person than in pics.

My thoughts...
Overall exterior was great, however I thought the matte grey car did not look good, silver and red fantastic.

Front end and headlights great, sleek and clean, Porsche like.

Rear glass fantastic, although lift gate would be much more useful than trunk, but I wouldnt sacrifice the amazing roof to get it.

Interior I think there is more coming... Maybe some kind of cool HUD, maybe optional, like where do u see AP graphic screen?

Specs for base model exceeded expectations, and if you can option it with a bigger battery and AP for 45k that's amazing!

Reactions: Ryan P
I like the V line & placement of the T badge on the X. The 3 front is a bit odd proportionally. I do wish it had a lift back because they are so versatile, but I suspect the trunk will differentiate it from the CUV Model Y that will probably have the lift back. I love the look of the glass, but I think the same basic look could be achieved by splitting the glass in 2 with internal support (just like windshield to sunroof in the front) and creating a lift back.

^^^ I agree.
They really need to do something about that big empty space in the front bumper though :)
Put a piece of glossy plastic on it , or something! It just looks so odd and unfinished as it stands.
Rest of the car is just about perfect , for it's price point can't ask for more.

I found this online, a small design change for the front. Personally, I think anything there will make the car more aesthetically pleasing. Luckily, this is a prototype and I'm sure they'll add some small tweaks to it, including the interior.

Attachments

• tesla-model-3-road.jpg
    tesla-model-3-road.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 277
Reactions: GoTslaGo
The weakest design element of the Model S is the black plastic nose cone. And it is not terrible - merely discordant. But not nearly as much of an abomination as the current Lexus gaping maw front ends.

By comparison, I like the Model 3 front end. And yes, odds are that it will improve.

All things considered, you have to hand it to the design team. For a first look, they've hit a home run. Hopefully marketing will do likewise in order to make the ordering process as, um, un-Porschelike as possible.

Simple is good. It will be hard enough to position the car below the Model S - that right there will be a tightrope.

I was wondering why no one was talking about the awkward front.

We are simply used to something in the front than a bland vertical plate. I guess something to do with face recognition that is hardwired in all of us. Notice how the head lights (eyes) are getting smaller in cars with "aggressive" stance.

Reactions: CarlitoDoc