Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it worth it getting panels gaps perfect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yev000

May 3, 2019
Knaphill
So I have a few niggles about panel gaps. Nothing major and does not affect function.

Not sure if the inconvenience of losing the car for some days, plus may not get a loaner, plus may rattle after...

panel1.JPG

slight misalignment of front bumper

panel2.JPG

Gap is about 0.5mm larger on drivers side

I'm inclined to just live with it.

I think that's an easy fix...just choose a convenient time for yourself - it's hardly urgent. Personally I'd wait and get it taken care of with something else - if nothing else comes up in a month or so then I'd take it in. Giving up your Model 3 for a few days and driving an ICE vehicle again is part of the fun...

I raised a few issues on collection and am taking the car in for them. And the tesla folk at my collection thought they should be sorted too, although I don't yet know how well I'll get on of course. It could be your photos but to my eye your issues look worse than mine.

They are making you wait 6 weeks for an appointment or is that your choice? I was rather annoyed having to wait a month

My original appointment was 29th (not far off) - booked on 20th during delivery. It's done in the app and its the first available. The 1st of Nov was my choice due to Friday being easier to take off work.

But yeah, you book through the phone app, delivery guys can't do it for you....

Maybe it's how busy Weybridge is? It's the one closest to me. When I looked an hour ago 31st was the first available day and I picked 1st.

My original appointment was 29th (not far off) - booked on 20th during delivery. It's done in the app and its the first available. The 1st of Nov was my choice due to Friday being easier to take off work.

But yeah, you book through the phone app, delivery guys can't do it for you....

Maybe it's how busy Weybridge is? It's the one closest to me. When I looked an hour ago 31st was the first available day and I picked 1st.

I guess I should be grateful for having less than a month to wait, I did note that sometimes earlier dates appear after booking.

Weybridge service centre is quite small - room for about 4 cars to be worked on at once. Looked like a new building though when I drove around it a few months ago. They had a roadster in the car park around the back.

Google Maps

Weybridge looks to be a huge workshop space. Could be used as a hangar its that big. Reception at one end, the rest is workshop space. Car park, even the one around the back is a bit limited with all the cars parked up or on charge. Inside there are a few partitions that may make it look smaller. If they can't do more than 4 cars then there is a huge waste of space. I saw at least 2 car lifts.

Google maps - yes thats the one.

Last edited: