TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Is it worth it - Lost Credit Card in centre console

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ztaylor, Sep 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ztaylor

ztaylor Member

I put my credit card on the sliding centre console and I assume it slipped down the back.

Worth pulling it apart or just order a new card?

2. Pwdr Extreme

Pwdr Extreme Member

The bottom of the cubby hole above the center console easily pops down which gives you good access to reach behind the the sliding door of the lower console with the lid in the closed position.

I lost a check in that same spot awhile ago and called my service center who told me it was really easy to do.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

Remember post of guy who had gone to ATM and had a bunch of $20s which he put down on center console along with wallet. Couldn't find the bills and they had slipped into the console too.

Pwdr Extreme did SvC mean easy to lose stuff there oe easy to retrieve? We will check out that cubby in case this happens to us.

4. phatteus

phatteus Member

I lost a harder to replace card and it got deep. I had to get some 10inch surgeon pliers off Amazon after pulling off all the leather clad panels to reach up in there. If you can just order a new card, do that :)

5. Graffi

Graffi Member

Lost my ID card to get into Naval Hospital to pick up my wife just outside the gate one day. I usually pull it out of wallet just before I get there and hold it until I am through the gate. That day I set it down on the closed center console to move something else and had to make a hard brake when someone ahead of us stopped. Needless to say the ID card slid forward and into "Neverland". I called the service center to find out how to get it out and they told me to just get a new ID card. Fortunately our daughter was in the car with me going to get wife from work. Also the guard on duty in my lane was the same one who that morning told me "Nice Car, I am jealous" to which I replied "Me too, it is my wife's car." Needless to say he just waved me through. The next morning when I took my wife to work I had to go to the ID office to get a replacement. Much easier than trying to get inside of the forward part of the center console.

6. yeti

yeti Member

I thought I was I was only one who lost a credit card there! I ordered a new card after I couldn't figure out how to remove the console (and I wasn't a hundred percent sure the console had eaten up my card). Interestingly, the card that I lost in the Tesla was only a few days old and had replaced a card that was stolen...

7. ztaylor

ztaylor Member

Thanks a lot! Popped right off and there was the card!

Cheers

8. ToddS

ToddS Member

Although I haven't lost anything there yet, can someone post a video? TIA

9. ztaylor

ztaylor Member

Ill try and do one, basically all your do is put your fingers in the cubby below the screen and push down firmly. The tray just pops out and you have access to the area where the top of the centre console slides.

10. MinionBlob

MinionBlob Member

It's a good thing Autonomous Driving is not yet enabled, otherwise I would have suggested to check whether the X had gone shopping while you were sleeping...:D

• Funny x 1
  11. Pwdr Extreme

Pwdr Extreme Member

It really is easy to access, it seems counterintuitive to pull apart the cubby above the area that you lost the items in, but that is exactly what you do. The reason being that it is open on the top side in front of the sliding door, removing the cubby tray allows you room to reach your hand in front of the closed sliding door and you can then reach down into the compartment.

Service said it is both easy to lose items and easy to access them when you do.