Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is level 1 charging a viable long-term option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still using my Gen1 UMC. That would be frustrating for them to discontinue selling adapters for it so soon. The old ones that people already own don't magically transform themselves into the newer version when it gets released.
At this point I’d absolutely assume that whatever is left is what’s left and they’re not making more. I’d be very surprised if the ones listed as out of stock on Tesla’s site are ever in stock again.

I'm still using my Gen1 UMC. That would be frustrating for them to discontinue selling adapters for it so soon. The old ones that people already own don't magically transform themselves into the newer version when it gets released.
Same here. In fact, I had to buy a replacement gen1 14-50 adapter a little over a year ago when my original one melted into my wall receptacle. Just keeps going.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Back to the 5-20. Using that you get 100km of real word driving range (~one quarter to one fifth of your battery depending on which model you own) in ~12hrs. That is very useful and depending on how much you drive quite livable for many people. eg You arrive near empty somewhere Fri at 19:00 and by Sunday afternoon you have a full battery. If there is any doubt about the wiring or plug dial down the draw by a couple of amps for peace of mind.

ewoodrick - I'm always amazed at the different views of the 'right way to charge' on these blogs. As you said way back, 120 V works fine. Maybe a bit inefficient but it works. Spending $3K to $10K to get faster charging (old house with 60 amps) doesn't seem worth it.

Reactions: ewoodrick