Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling a 2021 SR+ and have a LR 2021/22 on order.
The cost difference for us is less than the current delta because of a strange used car market.
The SR+ was fine and never gave us any range issues (for us, the northeast is loaded with chargers), plus at the time a rebate was limited to 40K.
I was thinking about doing the same thing. Since you're in the NE, I'm in NY. What did you end up selling it for if you don't mind me asking? I got offered about $45 from Carvana but I'm seeing other people on Facebook Group saying they got offered $47-49K for their SR+. The only thing is they can be in another state other than mine.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Since you're in the NE, I'm in NY. What did you end up selling it for if you don't mind me asking? I got offered about $45 from Carvana but I'm seeing other people on Facebook Group saying they got offered $47-49K for their SR+. The only thing is they can be in another state other than mine.

Around that, but not carvana. The prices are higher the further you go from winter prone areas.

Yes, the added range is worth it. more buffer when road tripping, less stops. range, range, range! Tesla has you covered with the Supercharging network. Also, doesn't the LR charge faster at the Superchargers or did the Standard Range get bumped up to 250kw?

All wins in my book. $6k more seems like a lot now, but on the road...priceless. or something like that.

This came out today - The biggest mistakes buyers make when shopping for an electric car

Overpaying for needless capability is the biggest mistake car shoppers make, and we constantly counsel against it. Don’t buy a 3-row SUV for your family of three just because mom and dad visit once a year. Save yourself thousands of dollars buying something family-sized and rent a bigger vehicle one week a year.

Likewise, don’t spend thousands more for an EV with a slightly longer range when you seldom use that range. Rent for long road trips, and enjoy the day-to-day savings of an EV even if it can only handle three or four times your regular needs."

3 yrs ago, when I ordered mine, I got a text from Tesla at the end of Sept, telling me they had a car for me, but I had to take delivery in the next 5 days! I answered "yes", and drove to the bank to start financing, but of course, got nowhere since I didn't have a VIN. I realized that I'd need $50k, so I sold some stock. Later I realized that Tesla had sent out a text blast to several thousand people waiting on orders at the end of the quarter to see who could take immediate delivery. They didn't really have my car, especially, since I'm in Maine.

That was also the crazy week where Elon had said he had struck a deal to go private, and gotten sued by the SEC. The stock plummeted, so I took the $50k and bought 200shares at $265 in the last 15 secs on the Friday. That was the $50k I had freed up on Wednesday after I got fooled into believing Tesla had my car ready. On Saturday, Elon settled with the SEC, and in the first minute on Monday, I sold my 200 shares for $315, a 20% increase and a $10k gain in less than a minute of market ownership. Thanks, Elon!