Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, if you do a model compare, it does not bring up anything about interior differences:
What I'm seeing is if you go on the Model 3 page, select RWD then scroll down to Interior Feature Details, compare that to the Long Range, you will see a difference.
RWD
1635947800302.png

Long Range
1635947846320.png

Reactions: WhiteWi
This could just be not updated, those pages normally take a long time to show what's accurate. I think when I was buying my M3 LR in May it still didn't show a heated steering wheel on that page, even though it had been added in January or something

You can get a SR LFP that's in inventory (this morning there were several in Atlanta) next month so it's actually a faster delivery than the LR. Problem is you might not get the desired specs. I reserved a LR with the aeros and my SR LFP has the sports. Price diff between the 2 is 3500. Decisions....decisions.
Long Range w/aeros in my opinion. I was debating between LR and Performance but ultimately rolling with Long Range w/aeros and going to get aftermarket wheels/tires.

I, personally, have felt that the single most important thing in driving electric is having enough RANGE. Have too little and you're always looking for a place to charge, while having too much and you're paying for a lot of battery you might not be using. And the battery is the most expensive part of an electric car. My present Model S give me 400 miles of range, so it says, and having come from a 95 mile range Toyota RAV4EV, all I can say is that you don't want to go there. 300 miles is about my low limit on range, and Tesla seems to agree with me, making most of its cars have a range of 300 or more miles.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Don't forget, The SR+ is lighter by about 400 lbs. if I remember correctly. It shows in how the car handles.

It all depends on what you want. When I ordered mine in June it was a $10,000 jump. I'd have to give it some thought at $6K. But, the SR+ suits my needs perfectly. YMMV.

Same here...even if it was only 6k when we bought our M3 a couple months ago because of how we used it as a commuter car...I'll keep that 6k in my pocket. 40 miles roundtrip a day...charge every 4 or 5 days to 100% (LFP)

Just an FYI...I have 2 ICE cars as well.

Reactions: rpiotro
Haven't seen this confirmed yet but there was an e-mail from Tesla to an owner saying the new RWD Model 3 now includes the heated rear seats and steering wheel. If they did that maybe the sound as well, i.e.. no more partial vs premium interior
Now confirmed with yesterday's (another) $1K price increase. Rear heated seats and heated steering wheel now standard. No subwoofer/amp though.

Having owned an SR+ since March I’m fairly happy with it and have taken a couple of road trips. The only thing I miss with this car is the limited ability to take random detours and scenic routes. I was once driving across South Dakota in an ICE car and saw a sign that a point of interest was just 50 miles out of my way and I had time so I made the detour. With my SR+ I wouldn’t do it or if I really wanted to I’d open up the PlugShare app and see if I had L2 charging options.

I currently own a 2019 SR+ (for sale) and have a Long Range on order, expected delivery in middle of November. Since I live in south western Ontario, my SR+ on 100% SoC gets 360KM. This is greatly impacted in the winter. My reasons for ordering the Long Range are primarily the AWD and extra 200KM of range. Everything else is a bonus, but I am really looking forward to the power trunk, heated steering wheel and premium sound.

For those that sold their 2021 SR+ for the 2021 LR, what quotes were you getting for your SR+ models? I'm getting about $1000-1500 more than what I pay/paid (after taxes and fees). Seeing how the LR also got price hikes, I don't see the price difference between the two models and the extra money I made on the sale being any different than when I purchased my SR+ (the price difference was about $10,000 at that time)...
In the Southeast area between $46 and $48, Tesla offered 36K