Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is MCU1 stuck at NA-180906-1605 navigation maps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I see on my car and the forums, it would seem that MCU1 is stuck on old navigation maps with version NA-180906-1605 (June 2018? MCU2 has 2019.6). Does anyone see anything different?

If we really are stuck on an old version, it suggests that Tesla is neglecting support of MCU1. This would upset me because I moved to a new house a couple of months ago with is not present on these maps, and I can't do things that are keyed off of my home location (e.g. navigate Home, disable Sentry Mode at Home).

From what I see on my car and the forums, it would seem that MCU1 is stuck on old navigation maps with version NA-180906-1605 (June 2018? MCU2 has 2019.6). Does anyone see anything different?

If we really are stuck on an old version, it suggests that Tesla is neglecting support of MCU1. This would upset me because I moved to a new house a couple of months ago with is not present on these maps, and I can't do things that are keyed off of my home location (e.g. navigate Home, disable Sentry Mode at Home).
read last page here
Musk confirms/Tesla Refutes upgradeability from MCU1 to MCU2

How do you check map version?
Menu option in the cars -- software. Shows Firmware/FW for car and map version.

Below via: Software Update 2019.16.x

ggdqX3m.jpg

I have the same :-(

BTW where's my FSD I paid for?

I have MCU1 70D
today I just received an update to v9.0 2019.24.4 73fb1ab
Nav version is: NA-2019.20-10487 (I can't say for sure when the Nav data was last updated, but that's the version listed right now)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden

Are you connected to WiFi @home in the car? Pretty sure map data will only update on WiFi

This is very strange. Not sure if it is correlated to MCU1 vs MCU2, since some here have MCU1 and yet newer maps. I wasn’t aware that the maps updated independently from the software version, but I am always connected to wifi in my garage. I am on MCU1, software 2019.24.2, and navigation data NA-180906-1805. Not sure if that number has ever changed over my many software updates because I had not been watching it. Here is my screen shot:

4C92AE72-894D-423C-87C1-93F5CBA81694.jpeg

I have MCU1 70D
today I just received an update to v9.0 2019.24.4 73fb1ab
Nav version is: NA-2019.20-10487 (I can't say for sure when the Nav data was last updated, but that's the version listed right now)

a further observation:

Although I record when I get each software update in my car, I don't usually notice when the Nav data is updated.
However I happened to take a screenshot of the car's software page a couple versions ago and also with yesterday's 24.4 update; this is what I notice:

Jul 2/19 - updated to 2019.20.4.2 - at that time Nav version showed NA-180906-2605
Jul10/19 - updated to 2019.24.1 (did not notice which Nav version at that time)
Jul 24/19 - updated to 2019.24.4 - Nav version NA-2019.20-10487 (as mentioned, can't say for sure when I got this Nav version)

so I received this latest maps version in my MCU1 70D sometime this month.

This is very strange. Not sure if it is correlated to MCU1 vs MCU2, since some here have MCU1 and yet newer maps. I wasn’t aware that the maps updated independently from the software version, but I am always connected to wifi in my garage. I am on MCU1, software 2019.24.2, and navigation data NA-180906-1805. Not sure if that number has ever changed over my many software updates because I had not been watching it. Here is my screen shot:

View attachment 434578

I have the same. Just updated my software but maps doesn't update. I have my car connected to wifi a lot.

Hey is there a way for me to tell the version of software that is staged and ready to install, before I install it?

I'm afraid to commit to any new software now without having read about several other peoples experiences doing it, before I do.

Usually something breaks, or goes backwards with each new release... .. and I just don't like the idea of getting stuck somewhere with something broken.

Hey is there a way for me to tell the version of software that is staged and ready to install, before I install it?
I'm afraid to commit to any new software now without having read about several other peoples experiences doing it, before I do.
Usually something breaks, or goes backwards with each new release... .. and I just don't like the idea of getting stuck somewhere with something broken.
Just set it to download/install 'stable' versions instead of 'early' versions. It was a new option a few firmware versions ago.
Then you have plenty of time to get a stable version.

• Disagree