Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is mobile service free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been driving my Model 3 without any issue for 14 months (17 k miles) now. The only work I did was to rotate tires at Costco. I now see that from the Tesla app, I can make service appointments. To give it a try, I used the app to make an appointment for windshield wiper fluid (which seems to have run out). During the steps involved, I don't remember seeing anything about how much the service costs. Could someone from this super-helpful community dispel my fear that I maybe charged $500 for a home visit?

Repair service is free but adding washer fluid is something anyone can do and they are NOT going to come do that for free. Read page 141 of the manual.

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 11.02.59 AM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Sooby@sdsu
The mobile service tech I spoke to recently said that at-home tire rotation was $95. I'm not aware of a way to know which services are fee vs warranty besides the obvious (something is broken/isn't working). I would however assume that a tire rotation would be more expensive than topping up washer fluid -- Just to provide a upper limit reference.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sooby@sdsu
I have been driving my Model 3 without any issue for 14 months (17 k miles) now. The only work I did was to rotate tires at Costco. I now see that from the Tesla app, I can make service appointments. To give it a try, I used the app to make an appointment for windshield wiper fluid (which seems to have run out). During the steps involved, I don't remember seeing anything about how much the service costs. Could someone from this super-helpful community dispel my fear that I maybe charged $500 for a home visit?

Dr B! (SDSU BSME Alum here)

Tesla will certainly charge you for this visit since it isn't a warranty repair. If you don't want to top it up yourself, and if it's convenient, I would highly recommend dropping in to the service center in Kearny Mesa and requesting they do it. The folks at this facility are great and may even do it for free. Cheers!

• Love
Reactions: Kleenerth3
I'll send my nephew over for $495 and he can fill up your washer fluid.

Dr B! (SDSU BSME Alum here)

Tesla will certainly charge you for this visit since it isn't a warranty repair. If you don't want to top it up yourself, and if it's convenient, I would highly recommend dropping in to the service center in Kearny Mesa and requesting they do it. The folks at this facility are great and may even do it for free. Cheers!
AMEN Dr. B! Kearney Mesa's people are fantastic. When I read threads of the SC horror stories, I know they didn't go there. Definitely great advice for Sooby. :)

Ranger service is usually free for warranty repairs/adjustments, however I don't imagine that running out of washer fluid would be serviced gratis. Same with calling out a tech to add air to a tire that is a little low.

Think you are really pushing it with this washer fluid thing.

• Funny
Reactions: Kleenerth3
Lol you got to be messing with us right? In your ICE car did you call the service center when it ran out of gas. LOL!!!! I have had BMW top my washer fluid off, but only when I have brought it in for service. Expecting someone to come out to your home simply to washer fluid is is a bit pompous and 1st world to me.

So does stating “BMW”
Lol. Right. My used bmw that I fought for years to save for by working my ass off, while in several third world countries I might add, makes me sound pompous. Good to know. These days “Tesla” has more of a rep than BMW. Now if I had said “Bimmer” then, yeah bro me all you want but frankly, go....... well you know the saying I’m sure.