Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is model 3 going to ever offer a Sub 3 sec car?!

Model 3 fastest version will be Sub 3 Sec or NOT!!

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they will make a very fast M3, but it will be very expensive. There's going to be a lot of death and carnage due to all of these 2 ton bullets flying around our highways and byways. The unintended consequence being a huge amount of people owning gas guzzling armor plated hummers to protect themselves. That in turn will cause runaway global warming, destroying life as we know it. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Red Sage
I think they will make a very fast M3, but it will be very expensive. There's going to be a lot of death and carnage due to all of these 2 ton bullets flying around our highways and byways. The unintended consequence being a huge amount of people owning gas guzzling armor plated hummers to protected themselves. That in turn will cause runaway global warming, destroying life as we know it. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
It will be "very" expensive? Do you have a link for that?

There is going to be a lot of death and carnage? Do you have a link for that?

The rest of your post....No link is needed. Its Ludacris.

Link rhymes with think.
What? Snow rhymes with go.

So what. Do you have links?

All we know is that the M3 is starting at $35K and is going to be priced with the AUDI A3 and BMW 3.

There hasn't been tremendous death and carnage with the MS.....as a matter of fact on a per car basis...the MS is safer than any other model car that exists. As a matter of fact, a new form of safety testing had to be created because the MS blew the crash tests out of the water.

Proof trumps opinion. Where is your proof?

I think they will make a very fast M3, but it will be very expensive. ... death ... carnage ... bullets ... unintended consequence ... gas guzzling armor plated hummers ... runaway global warming, destroying life ... hell ...
Yeah, that is a rather expensive cost. But you know what? It'll still cost at least $20,000 less than a BMW M3!

• Funny
Reactions: ModelNforNerd
I just think it's a bad idea to create a mass market car that has supercar acceleration. No link, but I think this golden age of electric bullet cars will be short lived. Although I think they will be manufactured and sold until they are no longer legal.
Meh. I prefer to think your earlier post was drenched in satire. Yeah. That feels a lot better.

• Funny
Reactions: CaliBear1 and JeffK
I just think it's a bad idea to create a mass market car that has supercar acceleration. No link, but I think this golden age of electric bullet cars will be short lived. Although I think they will be manufactured and sold until they are no longer legal.

Some predicted the same for Model S saying it is simply illogical for a 5/7 seater family car to get better than supercar performance but look where we are today. In a slightly different industry, some questioned why ordinary consumers would want multi-core CPU performance in their smartphones. If you look at history, it will be clear that it is the traditional so called hi-end products that eventually die out making way for more affordable everyday products with comparable performance. I predict the days of the overpriced ICE supercar is numbered and within the coming decade, you will see them becoming confined to race tracks.

Last edited:
  • Love
I think they will make a very fast M3, but it will be very expensive. There's going to be a lot of death and carnage due to all of these 2 ton bullets flying around our highways and byways. The unintended consequence being a huge amount of people owning gas guzzling armor plated hummers to protect themselves. That in turn will cause runaway global warming, destroying life as we know it. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
This sounds like a prequel to Mad Max.

I'd watch it.

Sure, that's why they no longer sell sport bikes that go 0-60 in 2.- seconds.....oh wait. :rolleyes:

Edit- cost new ~15k.

Interesting thought, but wouldn't a car that can travel way over legal speed limits fall into the same category ?

• Love
Nearly silent chase scenes, in leather outfits waiting around for the supercharger, being able to turn their volume up to 11 on the way to Lithium Town...

Might be good.
You know, I was thinking to myself the other day why you don't see Teslas in action movies. It's the cool car on the block with all the latest gadgetry; seems like the perfect Bond car!

But you made me realize that half the pulse-pounding excitement comes from close-up shots of gears shifting and necessary amounts of VROOM VROOM. The director would have to completely rethink car chase scenes if they're even still viable with an electric car.

You know, I was thinking to myself the other day why you don't see Teslas in action movies. It's the cool car on the block with all the latest gadgetry; seems like the perfect Bond car!

But you made me realize that half the pulse-pounding excitement comes from close-up shots of gears shifting and necessary amounts of VROOM VROOM. The director would have to completely rethink car chase scenes if they're even still viable with an electric car.
IMCDb.org: tesla Model S in movies and TV series
database of tesla in movies and TV

Reactions: eisbock
Wow, the dedication of some people.

But most of those just look like background shots. Are there any movies which feature a Tesla front and center? Are there any action scenes? Or are they just shots of Teslas pulling up to crime scenes or whatever.

Tesla doesn't really advertise, so I can't see them paying to have their car featured. That might be the main reason you don't really see them beyond a 1 second shot 40 minutes into some random movie.