Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Model S LR even shipping?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model S LR in February, 2021. Was told delivery would be March, 2021. Then it would be April-May and then June-July and so on. Last week I was told April-May 2022 and this week they've "updated" it to May-June. It's now been 14 months since I ordered. The experience is constant bait and switch. I never get an explaination, and never any sense of where I am in the queue. I'm convinced that Tesla isn't shipping Model S LR -- or worse, that they're sending them to people who pay some sort of bribe. I can undersatnd chip shortges. I can't understand why I'm being lied to every month.

I ordered a Model S LR in February, 2021. Was told delivery would be March, 2021. Then it would be April-May and then June-July and so on. Last week I was told April-May 2022 and this week they've "updated" it to May-June. It's now been 14 months since I ordered. The experience is constant bait and switch. I never get an explaination, and never any sense of where I am in the queue. I'm convinced that Tesla isn't shipping Model S LR -- or worse, that they're sending them to people who pay some sort of bribe. I can undersatnd chip shortges. I can't understand why I'm being lied to every month.
Tesla has raised the price of the Model S at least 3 times since you placed your order.

They are likely prioritizing deliveries to customer who paid more than you. Go check out the mega-thread in the Model S Order forum.

My order took about 10 months to delivery.

I ordered my MSLR on October 7, 2021. Only upgrade was red paint. I'm scheduled to take delivery on May 19th. I totally understand your frustration, but the refresh is now on been refreshed with tilt screen, new taillights and new headlights. Hopefully this will help reduce some of the frustration and give you something to look forward too.

Any news about shipping Model S LR outside the US?
Im from israel, ordered mine in February 2021! Got a call in May 2022 from Tesla saying to me to get ready for the receiving the car late this year, more likely Q4.
No more updates since. :/
Any idea about shipping S/Xs to Israel soon? Maybe even some tracking info or tricks?