Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my 2014 Model S85 Performance or Not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new to me model S85 says performance on the Carfax. It VIN check says "single motor-Three phase A/C Induction (standard or performance prior to 1-Aug-2015). The Tesla display button only shows S 85 and has no P on the back of the car. How can I tell if the car is performance? Was the P an option in 2014 or not available? It has chill mode and autopilot but sits on 19" tires. Any Ideas?

What does it say on your screen?
IMG_1027.jpg

If the car doesn't say "P85" then it's not the performance model. When I was shopping for a used MS I was giving various VINs to my insurance company. All of them showed up as "performance" for some reason. Oddly enough, the P85D ended up being cheaper to insure.

Yeah No "P" on the Screen. I just wasn't sure if this was something that was done in 2014. The 8th digit of the VIN is what I wrote about above. 8 is motor/drive unit "1=Single Motor- Three Phase A/C induction (standard or Performance prior to 1-Aug-2015) on the Tesla Vin Decoder website.

So it looks like it is a non performance model. No P on the screen and no "P" badge on the rear of the car.