Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slipped on water and ran into a guard rail. Does this look totaled?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
images of wreck

Attachments

• IMG_4748.jpeg
    IMG_4748.jpeg
    917.4 KB · Views: 489
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 12.48.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 12.48.18 PM.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 342
  • 68194920565__F90ED54A-CFE4-4DFE-9880-5953E5CFAEA3.jpeg
    68194920565__F90ED54A-CFE4-4DFE-9880-5953E5CFAEA3.jpeg
    658.7 KB · Views: 356
WOW! Not certain.....it will be expensive either way you look at it.

Depends on your insurance.

If the battery isn't damaged then probably not a total loss but that is a pretty severe accident.

So sorry this happened to you. Not something I would wish on anyone :(

Honestly, I don’t think it’s as bad as it looks. Doesn’t look like any structural damage, or airbags blown. As long as the battery wasn’t damaged, I’d say not totaled. It’ll be gone for a little while though. Needs passenger side door skins, passenger side front and rear quarter panels, trunk lid, headlight and tail light, front and rear bumper covers, 1-2 wheels and misc. suspension parts. It takes a good bit to total a $65k car.

For your sake, I hope they total it though. You could probably replace it with a new one, before they would get this one fixed.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don’t think it’s as bad as it looks. Doesn’t look like any structural damage, or airbags blown. As long as the battery wasn’t damaged, I’d say not totaled. It’ll be gone for a little while though. Needs passenger side door skins, passenger side front and rear quarter panels, trunk lid, headlight and tail light, front and rear bumper covers, 1-2 wheels and misc. suspension parts. It takes a good bit to total a $65k car.
and 6+ months for the repairs incl. "waiting on parts". lol

For your sake, I hope they total it though. You could probably replace it with a new one, before they would get this one fixed.
exactly. I placed an order the next day. I forgot to mention they have sent it to the total loss yard but now it's up to a third party to evaluate it for progressive to determine if its a true total loss.

Car is toast. It's repairable but at what point does the insurance company throw the towel in? And I for one would never want to continue on with that car after repairs.

Reactions: DocHolliday
Car is toast. It's repairable but at what point does the insurance company throw the towel in? And I for one would never want to continue on with that car after repairs.
Yeah, I am hoping it is totaled for sure because that would be so unfortunate to have to wait so long and then have a rebuilt Tesla...... Worth so much less.

I think there might be some undercarriage damage as well from how I remember the wreck feeling. I think one of the guard rail poles snagged underneath the vehicle.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Yeah, I am hoping it is totaled for sure because that would be so unfortunate to have to wait so long and then have a rebuilt Tesla...... Worth so much less.

I think there might be some undercarriage damage as well from how I remember the wreck feeling. I think one of the guard rail poles snagged underneath the vehicle.
I'm just happy you are ok, thats all that matters in the end.