Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my 8.0 Update installing correctly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just started the 8.0 update on my Model X.
Only 10 minutes into the update, it states that "Update completed, checking status" with a Close button (which does nothing).

Is this normal? I thought the update would take about 1hr 40 min or so....

Should I reboot? Is it bricked?

Attached is the popup message that is shown (and frozen on this screen).
THanks

I just started the 8.0 update on my Model X.
Only 10 minutes into the update, it states that "Update completed, checking status" with a Close button (which does nothing).

Is this normal? I thought the update would take about 1hr 40 min or so....

Should I reboot? Is it bricked?

Attached is the popup message that is shown (and frozen on this screen).
THanks

No, this is normal, and appears actually DURING the update, before some further tests, reboots, etc. Don't touch anything, and just wait. Wait for the phone notification.

It's a bit crazy how many people this time are just not giving the update 1.5-2 hours as expected. New I guess and doing it during awake hours...

No, this is normal, and appears actually DURING the update, before some further tests, reboots, etc. Don't touch anything, and just wait. Wait for the phone notification.

It's a bit crazy how many people this time are just not giving the update 1.5-2 hours as expected. New I guess and doing it during awake hours...

Thanks. Yes, I planned on 1.5-2hrs for the update, but the popup is confusing, and really think they should have put some kind of "progress bar" to indicate that things are still installing. Until you told me this was normal, there was no way for me to know for sure. thanks.

Don't look at the car during an update. Don't open the door. Don't even go near the car. It's best to let it update overnight, which is how the default time is set, and you'll have the new firmware in the morning.
The best way to ensure a faultless install:
  1. Wash the car
  2. Set the update timer to a minute past midnight
  3. Kiss the car goodnight
  4. Cover the car completely with a car cover or any other large sheet or blankets
  5. Don't touch the car till sunrise
And when you take the wrap off..tada.. a whole new experience awaits you ;)