Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my battery acting the way it should be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i supercharged my 2016 model s 70 to 90% 3 days ago. When I stopped it, it showed 200 miles. I am about to charge again. I’m at 11% with 23 miles. So that leaves me 164 miles out of the 200 miles when I charged it to 90%. Is that normal to “lose” about 36 miles in 3 days. (I know not to go below 20% but when I picked up my car it did not have a nema adapter so been going to superchargers until it comes tomorrow)

Attachments

• C79805F3-9416-48B7-99F0-2E1ED932AA57.jpeg
    C79805F3-9416-48B7-99F0-2E1ED932AA57.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 53
Both above posts are spot on, beyond that I will address your actual question.

There is a setting called "cabin overheat protection" this will run the AC to keep the cabin below 105f, if sunny this can activate even if the temperature outdoors is not that high, this can use miles. The car does use several miles per day just sitting. Also just like an ICE your efficiency varies with conditions and driving style. High speeds, heater can greatly increase power use per mile.

S is rated at I think 291 wh/m on the right side of the dash what are you seeing? My guess is 320 or more?

Both above posts are spot on, beyond that I will address your actual question.

There is a setting called "cabin overheat protection" this will run the AC to keep the cabin below 105f, if sunny this can activate even if the temperature outdoors is not that high, this can use miles. The car does use several miles per day just sitting. Also just like an ICE your efficiency varies with conditions and driving style. High speeds, heater can greatly increase power use per mile.

S is rated at I think 291 wh/m on the right side of the dash what are you seeing? My guess is 320 or more?

Thanks for the post. As in the picture I posted, I got 302 wh/m so wasn’t high at all