TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is my car haunted? It changed the charge limit by itself overnight?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by eyespii, Oct 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. eyespii

eyespii Member

This morning when I went out to my car after charging at home overnight, I noticed that the rated range on my 85D was down to around 220 miles or so. Turns out, somehow the car had set the charge limit to 83%, down from my usual 90%. I haven't touched the charge limit setting in about 2 months, so I have no idea how or why the car would move the charge limit down by itself. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Does anyone else in the family have the app loaded on another device?

3. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

That car knows best; go with it.

4. eyespii

eyespii Member

No one else has the car loaded in their app. Even so, can you even set a charge limit of 83% charge via the app?

5. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Visible Tesla lets you set it to that.