Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my car locked or not??!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As others have said. A shitload of 120V plugs is the answer at airport parking lots. Why do they not get that? Actually I’ve heard Toronto has a ton of 120’s.

The L2 makes no sense for most peeps.
Toronto probably has 120s for block heaters.

Definitely agree that is the best answer for airport, train, cruise, etc parking.

I figure they should supplement that with prepaid parking permits for the charging spots. Collect $15 with a paper to put on the dash. Get signage to match, towing, etc.

Would you not be able to ring the airport parking attendant and simply ask them to try the door?
Not exactly sure how I would do that. Anyway, after talking with Tesla, I'm fairly confident the car is locked. The MCU (and/or some other computer) is obviously frozen given that a LOT of other data coming from the car is missing. The lock status is just one of those missing pieces.

I was gone for a couple of weeks and left my cars 'dripping' to ~ 50% in my garage while I was gone. I checked on them frequently more concerned about the chargers/electricity going bezerk than the cars, but after a week or so the X went into a deep sleep and the S a couple of days later.

Tesla service was unable to wake them up remotely but assured me everything was fine and it was normal. In my garage so I didn't have the same worry as you, but like you, all functionality was inaccessible from my phone nor could Tesla see anything either.....including charge levels.

Momentary panic at the thought of returning to two bricked cars....:eek:..... but service assured me even in deep sleeps, the cars would charge as long as they were set to do so. Arrived home, and they woke up ready to go as soon as they heard my voice. :D

Reactions: XHabjab