Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my driver side seat cushion falling apart?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since i haven't seen an explanation, and I'm itching to make my first post, I'll tell you what I found with mine. Mine is a July 2018 Model 3. I had the same issue. the left side of the base was not clipped onto the base correctly, leaving the cover loose. With this cover loose, it allowed the foam to expand a little and every time weight was applied the foam would rub on the edge of a metal frame and would shave a little off of the foam. It shouldn't take service long to fix. I fixed it myself. I had to unbolt the seat though, I could not get it attached with out unbolting. There is a black plastic channel that is sewn to the material that clips to a metal frame. I wish I had snapped a picture, but did not. Get it fixed when you can.

Brian

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
What was the resolution you got from Tesla on this? My June’20 MY also has same issues and it has just caught my eye (was assuming food, dirt earlier) and left me annoyed. Please advise if it’s worth making an appointment or just another ‘known’ problem we need to live with? Thanks.

Same issue here. I initially took it to a SC and they “shaved a piece of the foam that was sticking out” and waived the estimated fee. However, a month later, I still saw foam crumbs and took it to a different SC. Here they did a more thorough diagnostic and found the problem, and that my seat would have to be replaced for $360 out of my pocket!And if I opted to NOT replace the seat, I would still have to pay the $210 estimated fee. Why the heck does one SC waive the fee while the other SC charges?! Ugh so frustrated!

The mobile service team replaced my seat back about 11 months ago but the issue is starting again. I have an appointment at the service center in two weeks. It's not a rodent issue, and it is not a weight issue since I weigh 168 pounds. It seems to be clearly related to moving the seat forwards and backwards.

Attachments

• IMG_2208.png
    IMG_2208.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 174
Same issue here. I initially took it to a SC and they “shaved a piece of the foam that was sticking out” and waived the estimated fee. However, a month later, I still saw foam crumbs and took it to a different SC. Here they did a more thorough diagnostic and found the problem, and that my seat would have to be replaced for $360 out of my pocket!And if I opted to NOT replace the seat, I would still have to pay the $210 estimated fee. Why the heck does one SC waive the fee while the other SC charges?! Ugh so frustrated!
Was it out of warranty?

Was it out of warranty?