TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

is my energy door sticking out?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by P3D_Denver, Sep 2, 2018.

1. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

I feel like my energy door doesn’t completely close and sticks out compared to other M3s? how does my closed latched door compare to your M3?

E308F21E-8AE9-40EE-AE01-D4162837B0AD.jpeg

• Like x 1
  2. ba2002

ba2002 Member

I think I've seen this reported and people said they got it fixed.

Also, not that you aren't correct, but I don't think I've ever heard it called an "energy door" :). If you're searching the forums, you'd probably have better luck with "charge port."

3. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

thx! i like energy door better, the charge port is behind the energy door. ;)

4. jasdelta

jasdelta Member

It looks like your charging port door is not fully closed.

• Like x 2
  5. forkee

forkee Member

interesting....

mine does this too but i just overlooked it

6. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Mine was the same way. I was at the SC for a different matter and had them take a look at it. They "fixed" it but it is not much better. The technician said that they typically do not sit perfectly flush and it is normal and "within spec."

It's a little ironic that Tesla seemed to have gone out of their way to simplify the 3 as much as they could vs. the S/X, yet the design of the charge door on the S is simple and they seemed to make it more complicated for the 3. My assumption is that they have future plans for the port requiring a larger area than just the Tesla plug (possibly a dual charger).

7. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

It is and to me that's unacceptable. "It's in spec" = they don't want to fix it for you. Check other 3s there.