Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my M3 a showroom car &other issue? Help needed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's more like a rejected car.
FWIW, there are VINs on lots scattered about the USA as low as 24k and as high as 56k that I have seen with my own eyes, with build dates of June and July, that I am convinced are inventory LR cars that were produced during the ramp to 5k/wk in June and do not yet have an owner. If I were taking delivery of a car right now that I had "just" ordered, my main incremental concern would be battery state of charge since the build date. If near zero or near 100%, reject the vehicle in case it has sat in that state for a month or two, which is definitely bad for the battery.

I would not have any reason to think that you have taken delivery of a car that was rejected by someone else. I'm pretty confident that anyone in the US who goes to tesla.com tonight and buys a first production LR can have their car (from inventory) within a week or so (tomorrow, if it were not for the fact that Tesla is trying to figure out how to pair an order with a vehicle with paperwork/etc).