TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is my mirror auto-tilt working properly?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Barry, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Barry

Barry Member

I set auto-tilt set ON. The driver's side mirror does tilt down in reverse, but I find it's not enough to see the lines backing into a parking spot. The passenger side mirror does not auto-tilt. Is this how it should work?

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I believe they should both tilt downwards in reverse.

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Just to be sure, have you tried adjusting them downward to your preferred position when in reverse in the off chance the programming had simply been wiped out for remembers the position incorrectly?

4. Barry

Barry Member

I wasn't aware that I needed to set the tilt position. I thought it was an automatic amount of tilt, as in a previous vehicle I owned. Now that I re-read the manual, I understand what I need to do. Thanks.

5. JPP

JPP Active Member

Just to reinforce, unlike some other vehicles which have a 'fixed' auto-tilt on reverse, the S requires you to program them. Park somewhere safe, in Park, check your mirrors, then step on the brake and shift into Reverse. Adjust both mirrors to your liking, then press Save on your Profile. Test it out in Drive and Park as well as Reverse to see if the settings stick.

6. PatD

PatD Member

Wow, I had no idea! Need to test this! I was really bummed as the mirrors only go down on my MS maybe a 1/4". Thought it was me. THANKS!!

7. GetAmped

GetAmped Member

I thought mine was broken. Completed the programming as per the previous posts and it works better then any other car I have driven with this feature. I tilted and angled the mirrors so that I can see the tires/rims and the curb. Hopefully no rim scuffs with this awesome adjustability!

8. Tony Lin

Tony Lin Member

thanks for the tips!

9. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

It's nice that people can give quick responses.

But, this is very clearly described in the Owner's guide. Don't always assume your past experience is where the limits are...

Think about how many other useful features may be there to be found when reading through the guide ;)

Then, when you are not sure about something, tap into the experience of forum members.

10. Barry

Barry Member

I read the manual twice, but there's a lot there, and obviously I missed this. The setup, as described above, worked like a charm, and thanks for guiding us through it.

11. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

+1. That's exactly how it works and it works well.