Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my Model 3 total'd?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short I got t-boned by some crazy driver at an intersection while I was existing the Walmart parking lot ... Thankfully I'm safe but unfortunately the driver fled the scene. The damages looks to be quite extensive and I'm still in the process of getting an estimate, I was told by the tow truck driver that the wishbone on the left wheel has been compromised.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 97
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 71
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 73
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 76
Long story short I got t-boned by some crazy driver at an intersection while I was existing the Walmart parking lot ... Thankfully I'm safe but unfortunately the driver fled the scene. The damages looks to be quite extensive and I'm still in the process of getting an estimate, I was told by the tow truck driver that the wishbone on the left wheel has been compromised.

The wishbone isn’t a “huge” deal to replace. It’s hard to tell without seeing the mechanical damage, but I doubt it’s totaled.

Reactions: OPRCE
I'm told Tesla body parts are difficult to get as they are trying to build new cars as opposed to selling parts. Could result in a longer then normal wait for the repairs to get done. I guess if your insurance company will pay for a rental car while your car is in the shop it's no problem.

I'm told Tesla body parts are difficult to get as they are trying to build new cars as opposed to selling parts. Could result in a longer then normal wait for the repairs to get done. I guess if your insurance company will pay for a rental car while your car is in the shop it's no problem.

It's much (much!) easier to get Tesla parts now than it was even 6-8 months ago. Shouldn't be a concern here.

Definitely not totaled and it's a relatively simple repair all things considered. The parts wait is much better now depending on who you take it to. Certain shops have priority based on their overall performance, internal Tesla scoring, and how much volume they do. For example, we receive parts anywhere from same day to two days. If you need a second pair of eyes on the estimate or just another opinion, feel free to reach out to us. Our Diamond Bar location is close to you and we have an amazing working relationship with Tesla.

Hopefully you had sentry mode/dash cam set up and saved a recording of the accident (hopefully with license plate)?
Sentry mode or dashcam does not save video from the side door pillar. Thus where he was struck would not be recorded. Someone needs to tweet Elon about saving all cameras or at least add the front wide angle and the door pillar cameras.

Reactions: adrianp89
No it doesn’t look totaled. My car got hit the very same way but on the rear passenger. My final estimated cost of repair was$27,000. I know it doesn’t look like 27k of damage but once you remove that rim is when you can really tell what’s good or not. It had to replace a lot of components, tires rims axle, sensors, too much to name. I hope you got the crash on dash cam cause it was the reason I won and don’t have to pay a single dime.

Attachments

• 87195AB2-8F97-4F1D-A68B-1B34E7BC4B3A.jpeg
    87195AB2-8F97-4F1D-A68B-1B34E7BC4B3A.jpeg
    415.6 KB · Views: 59
  • E3D7B48E-5A8C-479C-AD2A-85295F19FB5E.jpeg
    E3D7B48E-5A8C-479C-AD2A-85295F19FB5E.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 70