Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my Model X HW4? (produced on Feb 2 and will be delivered on Mar 9) CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is my Model X HW4? (produced on Feb 2 and will be delivered on Mar 9) CA
I just received this message on the afternoon of Mar 4

Order Update

Tesla Vision

Your Model X will not include ultrasonic sensors and instead will fully rely on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. During this transition, some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Park Assist, Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon, and Full Self-Driving capability features (if applicable). In the future, your vehicle will receive access to these features via over-the-air software updates.

• Funny
Reactions: Smileysam
This is the scrteenshot

Attachments

• IMG_7111.PNG
    IMG_7111.PNG
    576.5 KB · Views: 313
On day of delivery, check if cameras are different. If they are different, then most likely it is HW4. We need some adventurous folks to open the console near the glovebox and confirm that new cameras come with the HW4 computer as per green's twitter post.

On day of delivery, check if cameras are different. If they are different, then most likely it is HW4. We need some adventurous folks to open the console near the glovebox and confirm that new cameras come with the HW4 computer as per green's twitter post.
Can I ask the delivery guy to open the console to check? I think it is reasonable to let the customer know what they got.
It sounds like I ordered a Meat lover pizza, the restaurant told me they are running out of hams, and meat balls but only pepperoni...

• Funny
Reactions: RedY23
I sneak into the Tesla delivery parking lot this afternoon. It looks like the new MX has 3 bigger cams on the windshield instead the old design. I compared it with the old/waiting-for repair Tesla MX... I am not sure will this implies the HW4

I sneak into the Tesla delivery parking lot this afternoon. It looks like the new MX has 3 bigger cams on the windshield instead the old design. I compared it with the old/waiting-for repair Tesla MX... I am not sure will this implies the HW4
Yup, the cameras are certainly different. My assumption is that these larger cameras are paired with the HW4 computer.