Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my Model Y Performance normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So these are the photos I sent Tesla for my newest service.
If you add up miles driven with original total mileage from the first photo to the last photo, you can see that this is all a single charge.
These photos are over 4 days, all driven on local roads (no freeway).

1st photo: I forgot to take the photo at 90% charged, but the picture is at 89% with 169 Wh/mi.
2nd photo: Battery at 54%, 36% used but drove 47 miles, 888 Wh/mi.
3rd photo: Battery at 26%, drove 85 miles. 1,068 Wh/mi. This time, look at the temperature. It's at a perfect 75 degrees F going 31 in 40 mph zone. Car is also set to precondition before I leave for work and when I leave work.
4th photo: Battery at 16%, drove 96 miles, 814 Wh/mi
5th photo: Battery at 13%, drove 101 miles, 445 Wh/mi.

Other issue with these photo is the final picture at 13% battery left.
It claims I used a total of 30 kWh.
However, 90% - 13% = 77%.
MYP has a 75 kWh battery.
75 kWh x 77% = 57.75 kWh charged.

In the last photo, 30 kWh/297 Wh/mi = 101 miles. That is accurate.
But where is the rest of the 27.75 kWh that was charged?
It's not cold so another question I have then is, does the battery drain rapidly when it is hot just like in cold conditions?

Almost half the charge disappeared. Even if we account for Sentry mode and cabin overheat protection, does it really use up 27.75 kWh over 4 days?
At work, there are only ever two alerts everyday. My coworker pulling in and then leaving at the end of the day. Sentry mode is off at home and the car is parked at home in a garage that never gets hotter than 80 degrees F.

For cabin overheat protection, just now, my car is at 116 degrees F. I turned it off since everyone kept telling me to turn it off. I just turned it on and to get the car from 116 degrees F to 70 degrees F, the battery stayed at 55% the entire time so I don't think cabin overheat protection will drain so much it would equal 27.75 kWh over 4 days, could it? The car is now preconditioning since I'm about to leave and it just dropped down to 54%.

So yes, I understand range is a problem that many people ask about, but the numbers don't seem to add up. It's not cold so there shouldn't be much battery loss and my Wh/mi are through the roof often. The amount driven is a little more than half the amount charged, at least in this set of photos.

Am I still just being paranoid and is this still normal?
Don't pay attention to the Trips screen - Current trip Wh/mi until you have driven at least 1 mile. Until then the Wh/mi will display very high values.

Your Trip A efficiency of 303 Wh/mi is fine. That is the best indicator that all is well. Perhaps with time you can drive with a bit less throttle and your Wh/mi will be under 300 Wh/mi. With the Performance Model Y and the 21" wheels, you will not have the efficiency of the Long Range Model Y with the smaller, lighter 19" or 20" wheels. (At 8k miles my 2020 Long Range Model Y with the 19" wheels my Model Y's lifetime Wh/mi stands at 269 Wh/mi.)

Suggestions:

Set Sentry mode so that is does not turn one when parked at your Home location (Home location is set in the Navigation system.) When Sentry mode is active the Tesla Model Y will consume ~6 to 7% of the battery every 24 hours,.

If you use Cabin Overheat Protection (COP) it is only active for 12 hours after the vehicle is parked. COP with the AC can consume 6kWh over an 8 hour daylight period, much less if you set COP to only use the HVAC fan to cool the passenger cabin. Max cabin temperature with COP with AC is 105F, COP with HVAC fan only I have seen cabin temperatures of 119F but not higher (I need more time with COP and fan only mode this summer.) Without COP the cabin temperature can reach or exceed 140F in summer when parked in the sun.

Preconditioning while parked (to warm or cool down the passenger cabin before driving) will use power that is not captured under the Trips Wh/mi data because the vehicle is not being driven while preconditioning. (For reference, I precondition my Model Y all the time, several times a day. It is one of the best things about driving an EV (not having to get into a vehicle that is too hot or too cold.)

Install a good ceramic tint on all of the glass and add a sunshade for the glass roof. This will make a big difference in reducing the load on the HVAC while driving.

Last edited:
If you add up miles driven with original total mileage from the first photo to the last photo, you can see that this is all a single charge.

1st photo: I forgot to take the photo at 90% charged, but the picture is at 89% with 169 Wh/mi.
3rd photo: Battery at 26%, drove 85 miles. 1,068 Wh/mi. This time, look at the temperature. It's at a perfect 75 degrees F going 31 in 40 mph zone. Car is also set to precondition before I leave for work and when I leave work.

It's not cold so another question I have then is, does the battery drain rapidly when it is hot just like in cold conditions?

Almost half the charge disappeared. Even if we account for Sentry mode and cabin overheat protection, does it really use up 27.75 kWh over 4 days?
At work, there are only ever two alerts everyday. My coworker pulling in and then leaving at the end of the day. Sentry mode is off at home and the car is parked at home in a garage that never gets hotter than 80 degrees F.

For cabin overheat protection, just now, my car is at 116 degrees F. I turned it off since everyone kept telling me to turn it off. I just turned it on and to get the car from 116 degrees F to 70 degrees F, the battery stayed at 55% the entire time so I don't think cabin overheat protection will drain so much it would equal 27.75 kWh over 4 days, could it? The car is now preconditioning since I'm about to leave and it just dropped down to 54%.

So yes, I understand range is a problem that many people ask about, but the numbers don't seem to add up. It's not cold so there shouldn't be much battery loss and my Wh/mi are through the roof often. The amount driven is a little more than half the amount charged, at least in this set of photos.

You are completely 1000000% wasting your time submitting pictures of range going down to tesla. Your car IS normal. This entire 244 page (page, not number of posts) thread is about basically the same thing:

Hi everyone.
Sorry, this is my first post so I'm not sure if this is the right section for this or not.
I would also like to preempt this by saying that I really like this car (it is my first Tesla) and I am not here to complain about it.
I am just trying to figure out if my 2022 Model Y Performance is normal or a lemon because Tesla keeps telling me that it's within spec.
I believe range is a ridiculous problem with my car.
If anyone has a solution or any insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

First off, I have charged about 1,134 kwh including the charge that the car came with (80% to 20%). I calculated all of this through the Tesla app under Charge stats.
However, in the Trips section in the car on the screen, it states I have only used about 877 kwh.
So, 257 kwh have just disappeared that I have paid for since I mostly only supercharge.

Secondly, as of the writing of this post, I have driven 2,915 miles (Car is two months old in three days).
So according to Tesla, the car should be getting around 247 wh/mi. I calculated this by taking the 75 kwh battery and dividing it by the 303 mile range which leads to 247 wh/mi. I understand that this figure is unrealistic just as with any of my previous gas cars' mpg. The second time I took my car in, the Tesla tech stated that the car is officially rated at 265 wh/mi so we'll just use that number instead.
877 kwh/0.265 wh = 3,309 miles I should have driven according to trip information.
In reality, since I have charged 1,134 kwh/0.265 wh = 4,279 miles I should have driven.
So, 1,364 miles are missing. Yes, this number is again unrealistic but the point is that energy or miles, however you want to view it, are disappearing.
If my math is wrong, please correct me. I am, by no means, a math person.

Some examples:
Charge to 90%, drive to 13% but only drove 101 miles. This time was entirely on local, flat streets.
Charge to 90%, drive to 12% but only get 138 miles.
Charge to 90%, drive to 21% but only get 163 miles.
Charge to 90%, drive to 26% but only get 131 miles.
Yes, I know I shouldn't go below 20% but often times, battery just disappears. For instance, for the second example, I left the car at 31% in my garage. 36 hours later, get in and it's down to 21% when the garage was at 77 degrees, sentry mode is off, and I actually clicked power off car.

Third, the car often displays under Current Trip info in the Trips tab on the screen in the car, that I am consuming on average 350-515 wh/mi. However, I have seen this number go as high as 1,700 wh/mi, often times, the car will start around 700-1,000 wh/mi and setting around 350-515 wh/mi.
I drive, almost exclusively, in chill mode. I've only ever been in performance mode to show people the acceleration and for very short distances. I do not really accelerate and typically stay within speed limits. If my AC is on, it is fairly low and if my music is even on (which mot of the time it isn't), it is also low.
I am not towing anything or have anything heavy in my car.
Sentry mode is always on (except at home) and cabin overheat protection is also on. However, the temperatures where I live have been around 60-80 degrees for almost the entire time from start of ownership.
There has been one time where I literally watched the battery percentage tick down 87% to 86% to 85% in what feels like every second (I'm sure it was closer to every 5-10 seconds) until I stopped and restarted to car.
After the last time I took my car in, they said the battery was at 96.9% capacity. After they checked the health of the battery and proclaimed the car fine and had no alerts, there are rarely times when the car performs as what I assume is intended. I picked it up and drove it to my next location like how I always drive and I was getting 199 wh/mi and got 40 miles out of 10% (I figure roughly 30 miles for every 10%) of battery usage which seemed amazing. But again, this kind of mileage only happens maybe one out of every 20 drives.

Other issues with the car to maybe help with diagnosing:
-High whining sound that sounds like a muffled dental drill you hear inside the cabin (I think it comes from the passenger side, my wife thinks driver side)
-Screen gets ridiculously hot at times
-Screen also does not self-adjust brightness at times
-Screen will also randomly change settings occasionally (like if something were on, it's switched to off)
-Data connection to screen occasionally cuts out and states things like "Theater currently unavailable. Check your internet connection and try again", "Routing with no traffic data", etc etc.
-Car/screen flipped out once saying parking brake was on, flat tire sensor going off, seatbelt wasn't on, and all cameras not working when signaling to turn all at the same time with those issue lights popping in and out rapidly.
-Sentry mode deletes random clips
-For about 2 weeks, the car wasn't really starting when I opened the door. Would have to tap on blank/dark screen to get it to wake up
-For about 2 (different) weeks, car would not precondition when directing it to a supercharger and would only precondition when charging
-Occasionally, doing one click to bring window up or down will result in window stopping and reversing about 3/5s of the way down
-Passenger side rear window has developed a loud click when closing completely
-AC sounds like a kid loudly creating condensation/steam on a window occasionally
-There was a random bolt, nut, and washer in one of the side trunk pockets after I picked up the car (Tesla tech said it's probably nothing)
-Occasional thump from driver side front wheel well usually when turning right going up a ramp (unrelated to brake pedal engaging)

Service Appointments:
1st time: Told I was a new Tesla owner so just let the car get used to you, basically was told I was being too sensitive
2nd time: Tesla worker could not understand the math I posted or even the average wh/mi a Model Y should get. When I tried to point out the example, with pictures, showing 90% to 13% and only getting 101 miles, he just ended the service appointment claiming battery retention and capacity are fine so I don't have a problem.
3rd time: Coming up in three weeks.

So my questions:
1. Have any others noticed extra charging that's not accounted for in your trip information?
2. What is everyone's average wh/mi? I understand everyone drives differently but just trying to get a ballpark figure
3. How many miles are others with a Model Y Performance able to travel from 90% to 20% on a single charge?
4. Is my car normal or just a lemon
5. Anyone have any clue as to what's going on?

I would really like to get my car fixed. Please help, I really am at my wit's end.
Thank you for reading my really long post.
@stuhrike I am quite impress with all your calculations, but as a first guess, the speed is a major factor affecting the range.
Sometime you don't realize at what speed you have been really driving. Try setting the speed limiter to 65 miles and avoid high accelerations,
And see if you may notice any difference after few trips regarding range and consumption. Also wind is an important factor.

Now, a better way to estimate your range is to use the "Energy and Trip Graph."
I would recommend doing some searches in this forum and also on Youtube to find some additional range computation information.
I put below some links about articles dealing with range.

You should install also an ODBC2 harness and buy an ODBC2 Bluetooth adaptor.
There is an excellent App called Scan My Tesla providing great information regarding the battery cells capacity, temperature...,
and also front and rear motor consumption, which would be more informative than the battery % and range provided on your display.

Another point, if you are charging at home, install the Wattmeter, so you will get a good idea of the amount of energy used beetween charges.

Tesla Energy & Trip Graph Explained | Tesla Energy App

Tesla Model 3 Energy and Trip Graph Explained

Last edited:

There's a few different things going on in these pictures, so let's handle them separately.

First, you can see the usage since last charge. It's best to look at the overall usage. This says that you went 100 miles and used 30kwh. This counts all the energy used when your car was in "drive" and all the distance you travelled. It comes out to about 300wh/mile, which is a tad high but not significantly so for a performance model. As you drive more, you'll be more efficient.

Next is the question of where the other energy went. The car will naturally lose about 1 kWh every day. Sentry mode keeps your car awake and will make you lose about 5-6 kWh per day. Cabin overheat can also contribute, depending on the temperature. Even mild 70s weather will trigger it if you park in the sun. Finally, even if sentry mode is off, checking the app will wake the car for a while, so it's best to avoid checking the app.

To minimize energy loss while parked, turn off sentry mode (note that the home setting sometimes won't work), turn off cabin overheat, and avoid checking your app.

Your pictures show a WH/MI of just over 300. This looks incredibly normal. You can’t look at a 1 mile drive and judge anything off the WH/Mi. The battery is generally heating and the HVAC is ramping up as well. It’s the least efficient time for the car and drive.

I would 100% sign up for TeslaFi. It will help you measure your usage per drive.

My last drive to and from OC and Palm Desert. The data is very helpful. Longer drives are more accurate for judging range concerns I think. It’s the only time range really matters.

30FC7CAD-8B66-45E6-BEBA-EDA8D52F671D.jpeg

A1CD1C49-62C9-4BB8-BB83-4D1FD455CA2B.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Cabin overheat protection and sentry mode will eat up battery like crazy. especially if it keeps getting triggered.
However, just for reference, I drove from Springfield, PA to Southington, CT totaling about 220 miles and arrived with 21% battery. That was by far my best.

Cabin overheat protection and sentry mode will eat up battery like crazy. especially if it keeps getting triggered.
However, just for reference, I drove from Springfield, PA to Southington, CT totaling about 220 miles and arrived with 21% battery. That was by far my best.
This. OP, turn off cabin overheat and see where that gets you. On a warm day here (80 degrees) when I park outside at the office my battery will drain ~5% over a 4 hour period easily with cabin overheat protection running. Sentry mode is easily another 2-3% over that same 4 hour period. IMO just get a windshield shade and don't worry about it anymore, cars can get hot.

As mentioned previously, your longest trip average showing 302 wh/mi over thousands of miles is typical, and indicates energy consumption while driving is normal.

As for where "other" energy goes I cannot overstate the value of TeslaFi for this purpose! It will show you exactly where energy is going on every trip and allow you to watch how things change over time. Based on your interest in charts and numbers I believe you will love this product. Start logging ASAP. You can never get the old data back again and it's nice to have records for the life of the car.

Give you some perspective. This is from a 2020 model Y LR. As you see, it spends some time on the road. Average percent efficiency is only 74%.
My Wh/mile on the vehicle is 242. Figured this out using the energy screen. When projected range is rated range, to the left will be displayed your Wh per mile. Yes, sentry mode and cabin protection does use power and has to be accounted somewhere.

1653487131167.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruffles
What strikes me as odd about this thread is that by all measures the OP is very logical and detail-oriented. The calculations, deduction, and all of the photos show that. But any Tesla owner who has driven their new car for a few days would surely realize
  1. the fact that the Avg. Energy number would be super high within 2 miles for a drive and it'll come down gradually the longer you drive. Heck, the OP's own photos showed that - 0 mile vs 5 miles. Given he was staring at this screen for days on end, I'm surprised he still sent those 0-mile and 1-mile photos to Tesla?!
  2. similarly, driving speed's impact on consumption is obvious for someone who's paying this much attention to the trip meter. Faster = more consumption; slower = less consumption. I hate to say it, but not realizing this fact after a couple of drives is just, criminal. 😅
  3. the fact that sentry and COP take a lot of energy should be obvious, but more importantly, the fact that these usages don't count towards "miles since last charge". I mean, c'mon, the car is parked. Besides, the OP's understanding of Wh/mi is very solid as shown by his calculations, so it should be obvious that all trip meters are showing a number around 300 for his MYP.
Maybe I'm just over-thinking it. Ownership of a Tesla does come with anxieties in this type of situation. I hope OP gets better numbers over time.

mangrove79: #1 and 2, identical issues with an ICE. For some reason, the OP chose to ignore this common characteristic.

"Over-thinking" this? HAHAHA! That's what this forum is for, right? We're always trying to second-guess the engineers. I figure there's an infinite number of variables, that the various computer systems are constantly evaluating, and the stats Tesla has chosen to SHOW us aren't always intuitive.

(uhh...well...sorta kinda like FSD!!!! )

Hi everyone.
Sorry, this is my first post so I'm not sure if this is the right section for this or not.
I would also like to preempt this by saying that I really like this car (it is my first Tesla) and I am not here to complain about it.
I am just trying to figure out if my 2022 Model Y Performance is normal or a lemon because Tesla keeps telling me that it's within spec.

First off, I have charged about 1,134 kwh including the charge that the car came with (80% to 20%). I calculated all of this through the Tesla app under Charge stats.
However, in the Trips section in the car on the screen, it states I have only used about 877 kwh.
So, 257 kwh have just disappeared that I have paid for since I mostly only supercharge.

Secondly, as of the writing of this post, I have driven 2,915 miles (Car is two months old in three days).
So according to Tesla, the car should be getting around 247 wh/mi. I calculated this by taking the 75 kwh battery and dividing it by the 303 mile range which leads to 247 wh/mi. I understand that this figure is unrealistic just as with any of my previous gas cars' mpg. The second time I took my car in, the Tesla tech stated that the car is officially rated at 265 wh/mi so we'll just use that number instead.
877 kwh/0.265 wh = 3,309 miles I should have driven according to trip information.
In reality, since I have charged 1,134 kwh/0.265 wh = 4,279 miles I should have driven.
So, 1,364 miles are missing. Yes, this number is again unrealistic but the point is that energy or miles, however you want to view it, are disappearing.

Some examples:
Charge to 90%, drive to 13% but only drove 101 miles. This time was entirely on local, flat streets.
Yes, I know I shouldn't go below 20% but often times, battery just disappears. For instance, for the second example, I left the car at 31% in my garage. 36 hours later, get in and it's down to 21% when the garage was at 77 degrees, sentry mode is off, and I actually clicked power off car.

Third, the car often displays under Current Trip info in the Trips tab on the screen in the car, that I am consuming on average 350-515 wh/mi. However, I have seen this number go as high as 1,700 wh/mi, often times, the car will start around 700-1,000 wh/mi and setting around 350-515 wh/mi.
I drive, almost exclusively, in chill mode. I've only ever been in performance mode to show people the acceleration and for very short distances. I do not really accelerate and typically stay within speed limits. If my AC is on, it is fairly low and if my music is even on (which mot of the time it isn't), it is also low.
Sentry mode is always on (except at home) and cabin overheat protection is also on. However, the temperatures where I live have been around 60-80 degrees for almost the entire time from start of ownership.
There has been one time where I literally watched the battery percentage tick down 87% to 86% to 85% in what feels like every second (I'm sure it was closer to every 5-10 seconds) until I stopped and restarted to car.
After the last time I took my car in, they said the battery was at 96.9% capacity. After they checked the health of the battery and proclaimed the car fine and had no alerts, there are rarely times when the car performs as what I assume is intended. I picked it up and drove it to my next location like how I always drive and I was getting 199 wh/mi and got 40 miles out of 10% (I figure roughly 30 miles for every 10%) of battery usage which seemed amazing. But again, this kind of mileage only happens maybe one out of every 20 drives.

-High whining sound that sounds like a muffled dental drill you hear inside the cabin (I think it comes from the passenger side, my wife thinks driver side)
-Screen will also randomly change settings occasionally (like if something were on, it's switched to off)
-Data connection to screen occasionally cuts out and states things like "Theater currently unavailable. Check your internet connection and try again", "Routing with no traffic data", etc etc.
-Car/screen flipped out once saying parking brake was on, flat tire sensor going off, seatbelt wasn't on, and all cameras not working when signaling to turn all at the same time with those issue lights popping in and out rapidly.
-For about 2 weeks, the car wasn't really starting when I opened the door. Would have to tap on blank/dark screen to get it to wake up
-For about 2 (different) weeks, car would not precondition when directing it to a supercharger and would only precondition when charging
-Occasionally, doing one click to bring window up or down will result in window stopping and reversing about 3/5s of the way down
-AC sounds like a kid loudly creating condensation/steam on a window occasionally
-There was a random bolt, nut, and washer in one of the side trunk pockets after I picked up the car (Tesla tech said it's probably nothing)
-Occasional thump from driver side front wheel well usually when turning right going up a ramp (unrelated to brake pedal engaging)

Service Appointments:
1st time: Told I was a new Tesla owner so just let the car get used to you, basically was told I was being too sensitive
2nd time: Tesla worker could not understand the math I posted or even the average wh/mi a Model Y should get. When I tried to point out the example, with pictures, showing 90% to 13% and only getting 101 miles, he just ended the service appointment claiming battery retention and capacity are fine so I don't have a problem.

So my questions:
1. Have any others noticed extra charging that's not accounted for in your trip information?
2. What is everyone's average wh/mi? I understand everyone drives differently but just trying to get a ballpark figure
3. How many miles are others with a Model Y Performance able to travel from 90% to 20% on a single charge?

I would really like to get my car fixed. Please help, I really am at my wit's end.
I think your spending too much time worrying about performance than enjoying your car - Ev owners know that many variables affect range - and also Tesla may exaggerate any performance or function to sell more Cars .

Your list of challenges with your own car - almost makes me want to cancel my delayed M3 order
Be cautious of autopilot as noted by video by sarajawesome.
And Other videos and posts on TMC -
What’s up with phantom braking and why do Tesla owners put up with it ?

Alan g

Tesla may exaggerate any performance or function to sell more Cars

This right here is the correct answer. Tesla exaggerates its range. The range estimates they provide can only be achieved under the absolute, most perfect conditions possible. That's cruising steadily at 45mph on a flat road, in 75-degree weather, all windows up, climate control off, and with no hindrances from wind, weather, elevation, etc. So I will not say it's impossible to achieve the estimated range.. but will say pretty much impossible for you to drive 300 miles under those conditions in the real world.

Also, let's be real for a minute.. the only time range even matters is only matters on long-distance trips, which means you are on the highway and everybody is doing 70-80mph. There is no secret sauce to this. At those speeds, the car is probably going to be 25-40% less efficient in that scenario than whatever it achieved on some EPA test. Here is a great guide for what you can expect your EV to achieve while cruising at 70mph:

All that said.. Tesla still provides more range than anybody else under the $100K mark. From what Im aware only Lucid and Mercedes have been able to beat them. So unless you are willing to spend $170K for a Lucid Air with 500 miles of real-world range, then you know what.. it is.. what it is.

As others have pointed out enjoy your car and its performance.. and stop watching numbers. There should be plenty of places of supercharge whenever the battery gets low.. enough for you to drive that car anywhere you wish. And even if you do look elsewhere.. other manufacturers are more truthful about their actual real world range.. but there still really is no true competitor to the performance, range, and overall top to bottom EV experience Tesla offers. Tesla is far from perfect.. but they still do it better than anybody else.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

Some examples:

Service Appointments:

So my questions:

BOOM 💥 Spot on.. I’ve had my MYP for about six weeks and just returned from my first long trip; Corona CA. to Chandler AZ. Granddaughter’ graduation.

Unbelievable 😡 I’m not getting into long detail like you, but I can honestly say that there was a no way to get close to 200 miles per charge! Unless you drive under 60 mph😲🤦🏻‍♂️ a few times I charged to 100% and got as low as 5% while driving the Fwy. speed limit 70-80 mph..

Make things worse, there are no Tesla Supercharger in the greater West Valley are ( Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Queen Creak… 🤦🏻‍♂️😡
Completely disappointed in how many times I had to stop to charge.. and took me an extra 90 minutes then it normally does in my Prius..
Never again will I ever take a long trip on my MYP. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It was crazy!

• Informative
Reactions: mangrove79
BOOM 💥 Spot on.. I’ve had my MYP for about six weeks and just returned from my first long trip; Corona CA. to Chandler AZ. Granddaughter’ graduation.

Unbelievable 😡 I’m not getting into long detail like you, but I can honestly say that there was a no way to get close to 200 miles per charge! Unless you drive under 60 mph😲🤦🏻‍♂️ a few times I charged to 100% and got as low as 5% while driving the Fwy. speed limit 70-80 mph..

Make things worse, there are no Tesla Supercharger in the greater West Valley are ( Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Queen Creak… 🤦🏻‍♂️😡
Completely disappointed in how many times I had to stop to charge.. and took me an extra 90 minutes then it normally does in my Prius..
Then sell the car. I can get 200 miles on the highway but rarely do as either the car has me stop to charge or I need to use the restroom.

Then sell the car. I can get 200 miles on the highway but rarely do as either the car has me stop to charge or I need to use the restroom.
C’mon, how many times can you go to the bathroom? lol.. There are some that don’t have any bathrooms 🤦🏻‍♂️ Example; last night on our way home from AZ, it had us stop in Quartzites AZ, almost 50 Tesla superchargers, next to Carl’s Jr.. restaurant was close and nothing else around there.. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Yes I’m seriously considering selling it 🤔

• Funny
Reactions: mangrove79

That's really strange. I drive fast. I mean I pass everyone and I rarely get passed by anyone on the road in my 2022 MYP. I drive 80-90 mph average on highways. I just did 100 mile one way and used 43%, and the weather was 100 degree and AC was full blown at level 7 the whole time with my two kids in heavy aluminum framed car seats and full trunk. I think I can get way way way more if I drive 60 mph with less people/weight.

I seriously think any Tesla cars are not for you. you will be happy with Toyota hybrids, so that you can get the range you want and feel better at the same time. It will be boring and slow and more, but you will be happy.

Again, buying the performance model and complain about the range is silly. =)

AFAIK Nobody has mentioned, in this thread, that all you have to do is using your phone's Tesla app and you
are using battery, waking up the car. Seems like every new owner (seems?) finds it difficult to
just let it rest, do NOT check battery state connect with the car over and over. As a practical matter, most of us simply
don't find that checking necessary (after a while).