Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my MS corked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a 2016 MS 90D and it's the bees knees for sure!!!
I can't help but notice though that the zippy acceleration isn't the insane, neck snapping level as the new MS I test drove.
Also, the region braking isn't as effective.
Could this mean that my car is.....CORKED???

I've combed the inner webs and tried using the "Tesla Remote" app to Copy Car Config data but their was no "perf_config: " line in that output as others have referred to.
I went on to teslafi and created an account but alas, nothing there either.
Do I just need to ask the service dept (if I ever get a hold of them)?

Because you dont have the P in front of it. You don't have a performance model with Insane or Ludicrous. That's just how it is. What setting are you using in the controls/Driving tab? What options do you see? Chill/Normal/Sport or other?

Regen was "corked" on recent updates so it's no longer as powerful on older cars but acceleration is just a matter of that neck-snapping red "P"

Hopefully most of the regen we lost comes back when summer returns - it's always lower when the weather is cold but you bought when they reduced it even more.

I just got a 2016 MS 90D and it's the bees knees for sure!!!
I can't help but notice though that the zippy acceleration isn't the insane, neck snapping level as the new MS I test drove.
Also, the region braking isn't as effective.
Could this mean that my car is.....CORKED???

I've combed the inner webs and tried using the "Tesla Remote" app to Copy Car Config data but their was no "perf_config: " line in that output as others have referred to.
I went on to teslafi and created an account but alas, nothing there either.
Do I just need to ask the service dept (if I ever get a hold of them)?

So I believe you may be talking about a performance boost that era of non-performance MS received, it was commonly indeed referred to as being "uncorked." If your fully charged MS with a warm battery under good conditions can do a 0-60 in approximately 4.2-4.5 seconds, then you vehicle has already been uncorked. If you 0-60 is more like 5.5 seconds, then you vehicle is likely still "corked." Only a service center and answer this for certain and they also can "uncork" you if it hasn't already happened.

75D was the only true uncork. 85D was uncorked but it was advertised as 4.2s 0 to 60 and later performance was given in software.

90D is the same. 4.2 as well. No uncork offered. Rumor was that 100 would be uncorked but it was just a rumor, at least so far. Tesla uncorked 75D without much fanfare.