Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my plaid pre-order converted to plaid plus?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pre-ordered a plaid car months ago. Now the website has a configurator for plaid with a delivery estimate of March and a plaid plus pre-order with delivery late 2021.

What happened to my pre-order? If people can order a plaid car now for March delivery, why haven't I received an email to configure my car yet?

Was my pre-order converted to a plaid plus order? Can I choose which car my pre-order goes towards?

I had the same question, as I had ordered a plaid before the refresh was announced. Rather than make any assumptions about what Tesla would do, right after the refresh was announced, I canceled the old order and put in a new order for the plaid plus. Next day my deposit for the original order was refunded and the new deposit charged to my account. If you continue to have questions and/or the conversion of the original plaid order to plaid plus does not show on your Tesla account, I recommend that you do the same.

Reactions: JPP
Nice! Congrats, artsci!

Thanks Hank. Can't wait to get it. The time to wait is killing me:)

My Model 3 is great but I miss several things about the S, especially the air suspension. The refreshed S has a lot of features that I love: the yoke steering, the three screens (especially the driver's screen) active noise cancellation, the new air suspension, and the performance and range of the plaid plus. What I finally have it, I'll be able to drive the 325 miles from Baltimore, MD to Rochester, NY (where my younger son, his wife, and my 3 grandkids live) without having to stop to charge. And I'll have mileage to spare when I get there.

Of course, I've already planned the mods I'm going to make, and have begun to acquire the parts to do them.

Last edited:
Do not cancel your order. If you convert it to a refreshed model, you will have priority delivery. Cancelling puts you back in the line. Does not matter what you had on order before, you can chose what to convert. I had a long range plus and could have put in for a plaid plus if I wanted.

Your existing Plaid order converts to a Plaid+. Mine did. And I remain 2.5k less than current pricing.

My Order from September:
  • Model S ($ 64,990)
  • Model S Plaid + ($ 75,000)
  • Midnight Silver Metallic ($ 1,500)
  • 21" Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine Wheels ($ 4,500)
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor ($ 1,500)
  • Full Self-Driving Capability ($ 8,000)
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging Included
Subtotal $ 155,490​

On Site:
  • Model S Plaid+ ($ 139,990)
  • Midnight Silver Metallic ($ 1,500)
  • 21" Arachnid Wheels. ($ 4,500)
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor ($ 2,000)
  • Autopilot Included
  • Full Self-Driving Capability ($ 10,000)
  • 1-Year Premium Connectivity Trial Included
  • California Clean Fuel Reward (-$ 1,500)
Applied after taxes and fees
Purchase Price $ 156,490​

So Plaid + base price remains same as does paint and wheels. Interior has gone up $500 and FSD $2k. If you add in the Clean Fuel Reward, my pricing is 2.5k less.

Plaid+ Pricing (Reservation Opening vs Today)

Reactions: bhzmark