Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my UMC dead?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the car for a month now and it's always used UMC to charge at home from my 14-50 in my garage. Last night, it was charging for about an hour and 5 minutes it looks like. I woke up this morning to find that the charge didn't complete and my phone had a notification that charging was interrupted.

I took a look and saw that the UMC's lights are off. Reset the breaker for the 14-50, nothing. I swapped the UMC adapter to the standard 110v and tried plugging in that way an no lights, no charge. Safe to say that this UMC is dead?

Assuming these things are under warranty (hopefully). Does Tesla provide a new one at the SC?

Yes they will replace under warranty. There is also a reset button on the bottom of the UMC. Not sure that will help you, but it is worth a try. Good luck.

FWIW, I bought a spare UMC and plugs when I got my car. I carry the spare in the car. My UMC went bad a month or two after getting the car, and I used the spare until SC was able to replace.

Reactions: soulstar