Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is NAV broken?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same problem for the last month or so. I used the voice feature 'Report Bug' to report the bug but should email. I thought this would be a known issue and they would be working on it and is caused by the new maps. I say new maps because i also saw a message that maps are updated on my screen.

After last firmware update about 2 months ago my NAV on the big screen is broken and is useless.

It doesn't refresh properly when I zoom-in or zoom-out (don't redraw the route), or when NAV recalculate the route it shows the old and new route at the same time.

Basically the NAV on the main screen is useless at this point, the small NAV next to the speedometer works fine, however at first was very confusing until I learn to ignore the big screen because I used to look at the big screen which was different from the Text To Speech or the screen next to the speedometer.

I tried restarting the console but still no luck.

Is this a known issue? or only happening on my car?

Has anyone had the Navigation change the address whilst driving? Address entered initially was 1515 Broadway as we reached closer to the destination the Nav presented directions to 1139 Broadway - blocks away from our destination. Good thing we knew where we were going!
IMG_6923.JPG

It's not just the OP, I have had/continue to have many of the same NAV issues at various times.

I just chalk it up to Agile shenanigans and wait for the continuous improvement to happen to my car, once some developer gets around to deciding that having a bunch of orphaned blue route lines on my map (or sometimes, none at all) is no longer "good enough".