Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is NAV on autopilot (but not FSD) possible now that FSD has been installed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD was finally activated last weekend (car was purchased 02/2022) and I need some help here.
Is there a way to have the address in NAV (for the real-time traffic info) and just use autopilot but not FSD?

It seems like if I put in an address in NAV and then tap on the right yoke button that FSD automatically takes over.
When my 7 year daughter is in the car I want the real-time traffic info via NAV plus autopilot, but not FSD for safety.
Am I missing something? I appreciate any help!

Got it. So FSD basically replaces autopilot when there is an address entered. Not sure why Tesla wouldn’t offer both autopilot and FSD driving options for a destination since FSD is beta testing. I’ll bet I’m not the only person who might gladly risk his own life for FSD beta … but not the lives of his kids, parents, friends, pets etc (without having to disable/reenable every time). Thank you!

Reactions: pilotSteve
Good point. I feel pretty safe with autopilot (at least when and where I’m comfortable using it). FSD is new to me so I’m not sure how much to trust it.

Have many of you with FSD turned it off and gone back to autopilot instead?