Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is nothing under warranty now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am supposed to have a service appointment coming to fix my leaky falcon wing door seal and a piece of trim that fell off from underneath the car. Somehow I received an estimate that I have to pay $1200 for it? Is this something new or is it just a generic message they send before each service now? My car is 6 months old

I wonder if it is for the piece of trim that fell off the car. If you hit a pothole or curb and something broke and fell off that is on you. If it was something that was defective that is one them. In the former case rub marks and scrapes will show.

I am supposed to have a service appointment coming to fix my leaky falcon wing door seal and a piece of trim that fell off from underneath the car. Somehow I received an estimate that I have to pay $1200 for it? Is this something new or is it just a generic message they send before each service now? My car is 6 months old
My experience is that they provide an estimate as if it weren't covered, but then adjust to zero cost if covered by warranty.

The falcon wing door leaks water into the cabin when I open it, how is that not covered under warranty?

The bottom piece, I don't know how it came off. There is no contact under the body, the trim piece's clip fell out and the trim was dragging on the ground. Mobile ordered it for me 4 months ago. I almost forgot about it

The falcon wing door leaks water into the cabin when I open it, how is that not covered under warranty?

The bottom piece, I don't know how it came off. There is no contact under the body, the trim piece's clip fell out and the trim was dragging on the ground. Mobile ordered it for me 4 months ago. I almost forgot about it

I think it is designed this way. There is a bypass of this issue and cheap. Try search it. I remember you need to purchase a 3rd party "round trim" and stick it to the edge of the window.

This is from March 2018.

Concern: Customer: Falcon Door has water ingress between upper and lower door (Both
sides)

Pay Type: Goodwill
Corrections: Adjustment General Diagnosis
Technician re positioned top seal for both falcon door and performed water test to verify
repairs.

• Funny
Reactions: Yinn
They typically send you an invoice regardless before and then won’t charge you. This seems to apply to all service as I had wipers replaced which I expected to pay for but was never billed or asked for any payment info. Things are so poorly run they can’t bill properly either.

This is from March 2018.

Concern: Customer: Falcon Door has water ingress between upper and lower door (Both
sides)

Pay Type: Goodwill
Corrections: Adjustment General Diagnosis
Technician re positioned top seal for both falcon door and performed water test to verify
repairs.

That’s the new strategy, cover nothing. No loaners. No car washes. No warranty. What’s service??

Ironically service got me into a Tesla when I had no desire or interest in an electric car. And it will be service that drives me away from Tesla.

Right. Just got the lost of work they are doing on my X today and it’s annual maintenance and warranty work and all the warranty work is no cost.

Brake fluid: I pay
New AP camera: warranty (appears to be free upgrade)
Charger fix (after testing); Warranty
Wheel alignment: I pay
12 V battery replacement: Warranty

Nowhere do warranty items have cost to be backed out later.

Right. Just got the lost of work they are doing on my X today and it’s annual maintenance and warranty work and all the warranty work is no cost.

Brake fluid: I pay
New AP camera: warranty (appears to be free upgrade)
Charger fix (after testing); Warranty
Wheel alignment: I pay
12 V battery replacement: Warranty

Nowhere do warranty items have cost to be backed out later.

what is the new AP camera upgrade for? Interesting.