Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is now a good time to buy a used Model 3 Performance? Is another price drop coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, 1st time poster here, current owner of a model S, hope everyone is well.

Long story short: I am in the market for a used Model 3 Performance, I can see £30k gets you a 2020 car with around 30k miles which seems like good value. However I have read some articles on google news and threads on here recently suggesting that EV demand is dropping, and Tesla has to much inventory, is another big price drop coming like the January price drops?

I would kick my self for buying the car now, and then losing £5k in 4 weeks due to a price drop out of nowhere lol.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks

Given the news about the updated highland version coming, the current apathy to electric cars in the UK (some dealerships refusing to take them as trade ins), tesla changing prices almost weekly, lots of inventory etc. etc. I can only see prices going one way .. down.

In other news - how long is a piece of string?

Reactions: M1tch
Hi everyone, 1st time poster here, current owner of a model S, hope everyone is well.

Long story short: I am in the market for a used Model 3 Performance, I can see £30k gets you a 2020 car with around 30k miles which seems like good value. However I have read some articles on google news and threads on here recently suggesting that EV demand is dropping, and Tesla has to much inventory, is another big price drop coming like the January price drops?

I would kick my self for buying the car now, and then losing £5k in 4 weeks due to a price drop out of nowhere lol.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks

EV demand is not dropping any suggestions regarding that are just cherry picking data, you will never know for sure what future used prices would be and also unless you are intending to sell during that time frame then it doesn't matter, if you were planning to sell in a short period then renting the car might be better.

Over the past few months there has been many more 019/20 used cars coming on the Tesla website, in March there were some SR going in the £22k bracket which was decent value for some, they typically reduce prices in the last month of the quarter so in this case being June, if I was looking to buy I would wait until June.

The only downside would be that I noticed used car quotes seem to be increasing and as there was less production in 20/21 this may have an affect on the used market for people looking at used cars 2/3 years old.

Tesla seems to be micromanaging prices to adjust demand to production. They have instant information about orders and production and make frequent adjustments to price to balance them.
So... no way to predict price rises or drops.
Just buy the car.

Reactions: ringi
I thought the same recently and bought a model 3p a few months ago as lots did as the prices seemed to be low and just below £30,000 for a 2019 silver car, white interior with eap which were the specs I was after seemed great. It’s done 35,000 miles. So seemed a good time to trade the sr+
I noticed similar cars on the Tesla site went up by £5,000 to £6,000 the week after. So I was glad I bought when I did.

Hopefully the car will turn up soon! But for me it was a good chance to get a car that was essentially 50% of what it cost new. And was probably the right time to buy.