Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is now the right time to swap??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That 3 litre straight diesel is a fabulous engine. I had an F30 330D M Sport and it was great car. I had it from new for just over 3 years and loved it. Then swapped to an M4 because I wanted an M car. That was really special on the right road and in the right setting but it was my daily driver and for most of the time I’d have rather be sat in the 330D enjoying the better sound system and 50+ mpg instead of 25 or so of V-Power (it seemed expensive even in 2019).
So I decided to sell the M4 after 3 years, by which time the Tesla Model 3 Performance had piqued my interest. It provides the performance (and more) of the M4 with the running costs of the 330D. It doesn’t have the handling balance of the M4, though OK.
I have no regrets based on the journey I took but if I was coming from the 330D, not so sure.

The 2 door access of the M4 had become a pain as well. Should have got the M3!

It will be interesting in Scotland, my eon deal finishes in 3 weeks then I'm 28p. Come October I guess I'm the same as you.

I'll miss the 4p kWh...

In my council area however I can access 50 kw charge place Scotland network currently at 28p. I think there's also a free 22kw charger not that far away...

I'd be tempted with Octopus but E.on tried fitting a smart meter and failed 6 months ago (I'm in a town but the installer said it kept failing to connect)

As i said i do have a smart meter just not one that Octopus can use and they were quite adamant they wont upgrade it to one they could, although even though i'm only 10 miles outside Edinburgh my current one can only manage sporadic readings anyway due to poor signal hence why I went on the e.on one in the first place.

The park and ride into Edinburgh has loads of chargers now at 25p/kWh so my plan is to just use it once a week for a full charge when going to work as at least that's half the price at home.

Reactions: Teddy69
Its a sad that most people only change to an EV to save 10p per mile, rather than to stop emitting all the sh*t that comes out if the back of a crap ICE and all the environmental and health issues that leads to. If you can afford a 50k car you have choices in life. Look your kids in the eye and get a grip.
You do have choices and you have chosen to live in London. If the effect of air pollution on your kids is a priority for you then I suggest you chose to move

Its a sad that most people only change to an EV to save 10p per mile, rather than to stop emitting all the sh*t that comes out if the back of a crap ICE and all the environmental and health issues that leads to. If you can afford a 50k car you have choices in life. Look your kids in the eye and get a grip.

But what is wrong with wanting to save 10p per mile? Surely whatever the motivation to change to an EV it has the same result? I mean you could also argue, why do you put your money into a £6k holiday where you fly half way across the world? Could you not put that money into solar panels or whatever to generate green energy and save all the crap that planes emit etc...? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Rooster6655