Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is now the worst time in history to order a Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of necessity (car accident in October), I need a new car. Have decided to go electric, and have narrowed it down to the Hyundai IONIQ 5 and Tesla Model Y. With the ridiculous "market adjustments" for the IONIQ5 right now, that sort of ruled it out for me.. no interest in giving a random Hyundai dealership an extra 10-15k for nothing.

But it seems like right now might be the worst time to order? Despite the $3750 credit, demand is softening hardcore and prices are expected to drop in the next few months, so it won't surprise me to see big price adjustments next year..

In addition, the removal of USS with no clear path forward for people who order their car right now... AND the leaks about new radar potentially coming in Jan/Feb next year, the leaks about new cameras in the headlights on those M3 photographed.. and the potential for HW4.. like, aside from the $3750, is now the worst time to order?

What are the chances that someone who ordered a MYP right now would be offered a free upgrade path to the new headlight cameras/HW4/radar to return functionality to smart summon, autopark, etc? How has that been handled historically?

My worry is that ordering now has sort of the "worst of all worlds" feature set for the MYP with big changes potentially coming early next year.. and being stuck with a car that winds up having lower resale due to lack of features
Model Y and Now. You won't regret it or the $7500 tax credit. I had an IONIQ 5. Driveability. No comparison. Do NOT pay a penny over MSRP for an IONIQ 5. Hyundai sent me an oil change coupon for my new IONIQ5. What would you expect?!

Status
Not open for further replies.