Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is PayPal an option as payment for the reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone confirm if PayPal is going to be an option to make the payment, I think it's the only way I'm going to be able to pay.

Is there any oficial statement about payment options?

I'd imagine if you have one of the PayPal Debit cards that would work fine, I use mine as a credit card all the time, in fact that IS the card I'll be brining to Tesla. Otherwise you've got time to request a release of funds to your bank account so you can write them a check. (or if ordering online pay with your banks debit card that now has cash in it).

Not sure, but if they use the same reservation system they're using for the Model X, then Paypal should be accepted..

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 11.03.04 AM.png

Not sure, but if they use the same reservation system they're using for the Model X, then Paypal should be accepted..

View attachment 168276
Online PayPal may be accepted, but in store our representative said credit card only. That was a couple weeks ago now, so it may have changed. They will charge the reservation amounts via their normal in-store purchasing system (used for selling shirts and hats, et cetera).

Is there any fees when using a credit card. Typically there is a 3% fee (on the merchant side in general).
- 1. Will Tesla absorb the $30, if there is a fee?
- 2. What about if you cancel you order made using a credit card, will the customer will get a fee?
- 3. Can you buy the full car with credit card? If so, with 50,000 miles I would get a nice free oversea flight!

Is there any fees when using a credit card. Typically there is a 3% fee (on the merchant side in general).
- 2. What about if you cancel you order made using a credit card, will the customer will get a fee?
- 3. Can you buy the full car with credit card? If so, with 50,000 miles I would get a nice free oversea flight!
Model X deposits were $5000. There was no extra fee for credit card vs paypal. When I cancelled my X deposit, the full amount was refunded to my card.

1. Yes, per the Merchant's Agreement they agreed to, they're not allowed to charge this fee to consumers
2. Deposits are refundable, and the Reservation Agreement makes no mention of a cancellation fee, so no.
3. That I don't know, but I would guess no. $30/reservation is an easy cost to absorb to keep lines moving. Absorbing a $1500 fee for no real reason wouldn't make sense. Plus you would need a $35,000+ limit.