TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is PayPal an option as payment for the reservation?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by TitanP85D, Mar 23, 2016.

1. TitanP85D

TitanP85D Member

Can someone confirm if PayPal is going to be an option to make the payment, I think it's the only way I'm going to be able to pay.

Is there any oficial statement about payment options?

2. Josh the German

In Germany they will accept only credit card for a reservation in the stores. I think they accept PayPal for online reservations.

Best regards to Spain

Josh

3. Big-T

Big-T Member

I'd imagine if you have one of the PayPal Debit cards that would work fine, I use mine as a credit card all the time, in fact that IS the card I'll be brining to Tesla. Otherwise you've got time to request a release of funds to your bank account so you can write them a check. (or if ordering online pay with your banks debit card that now has cash in it).

4. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

I've definitely seen people say that it's credit card only, but I'm not sure how official that is.

5. zkmusa

zkmusa Member

Not sure, but if they use the same reservation system they're using for the Model X, then Paypal should be accepted..

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 11.03.04 AM.png

6. Audrey

Audrey Member

Online PayPal may be accepted, but in store our representative said credit card only. That was a couple weeks ago now, so it may have changed. They will charge the reservation amounts via their normal in-store purchasing system (used for selling shirts and hats, et cetera).

7. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

I just verified that my Chase Liquid card has a daily limit of $3,000 for purchases, so I can use that. The store said credit or debit, and that's a debit, so I'm good.

8. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

Is there any fees when using a credit card. Typically there is a 3% fee (on the merchant side in general).
    - 1. Will Tesla absorb the $30, if there is a fee?
    - 2. What about if you cancel you order made using a credit card, will the customer will get a fee?
    - 3. Can you buy the full car with credit card? If so, with 50,000 miles I would get a nice free oversea flight!

9. tga

tga Active Member

Model X deposits were $5000. There was no extra fee for credit card vs paypal. When I cancelled my X deposit, the full amount was refunded to my card.

10. rnelsonee

rnelsonee Member

1. Yes, per the Merchant's Agreement they agreed to, they're not allowed to charge this fee to consumers
    2. Deposits are refundable, and the Reservation Agreement makes no mention of a cancellation fee, so no.
    3. That I don't know, but I would guess no. $30/reservation is an easy cost to absorb to keep lines moving. Absorbing a $1500 fee for no real reason wouldn't make sense. Plus you would need a $35,000+ limit.