TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is Performance Pedal Set included in P90D?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by vandacca, Jun 9, 2016.

1. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

I just noticed that the Model-X store has a Performance Pedal Set for sale. Is this automatically included in Performance model vehicles (e.g. P90D)? Anyone with a P90D or P90DL care to chime in?

• Informative x 1
  2. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

My P90D has these. I also have the premium upgrade package, so I'm not sure where it gets bundled into.

• Informative x 1
  3. McManX

McManX Member

My 90D with PUP does not have these and I want them!

4. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

It's your lucky day, you can have both for the mere price of $150 (installed)! (Unlike other performance features like an active spoiler)

5. McManX

McManX Member

Might just have to get them. I was early enough to get an active spoiler

6. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

They came on my P90D. I didn't know there was another pedal set for Tesla's and assumed it was a standard pedal. Making the decision on the "P" was coupled with the initial time frame (P90D's would be made first), I wanted the red calipers and air suspension -- so the difference in those options on the 90D vs the P90D was not far a leap with the active spoiler (some got it on the 90D anyway).

7. Zroiron

Zroiron Poodle Pack Leader

When I asked about these pedals I was informed that they were only available for P models! Who....I found them aftermarket and installed them myself!!!!!

8. CaliX

CaliX Member

Thank you for sharing I just placed my order.

9. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Hmmm, the picture shows a nice black plastic dead pedal for your left foot too. Is that actually there? I thought I'd read that it doesn't have a dead pedal?

10. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

The dead pedal says "Model S" so I guess they just reused a graphic. My Model X doesn't have a dead pedal and I wish it did, for the winter time.

11. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

I hadn't noticed the dead pedal before in the image, but I assume Tesla only provides the brake and accelerator. Doesn't the Model-X have a big dead "zone" (a big flat area)? It shouldn't be too difficult to simulate a dead pedal with a bit of velcro and a pedal...

Really?!? What's the point of restricting to P models if those already come with it (unless early and Signature models didn't)? The store doesn't mention this restriction at all, so maybe the person you spoke with was mis-informed.

12. Zroiron

The response I got was BEFORE these pedals hit the Tesla store.....about 6 months ago...

13. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Ah! That makes sense.

14. Zroiron

I was also informed that even though the Red calipers for the S are compatible with the X, I couldn't get those either! Oh well, what the hell! I'm having my calipers painted red today!! :p

15. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

Yeah, there's an area for a dead pedal. There's an aftermarket vendor that sells a metal dead pedal cover for the Model S that snaps to the existing dead pedal. Word is they're working on a solution for the X.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Good eye. I missed that little bit of writing on it.

Glad to hear someone is coming up with a solution! Gotta have somewhere to brace my left leg when having some fun! :D:p;)

17. PGeer

PGeer Member

Another reason for dead pedal is to try to anchor the carpet. Anyone else have the side part of the carpet come out from the trim?